Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Mandi Hurley
Have a full-size for 15 days 11/27-12/12 for $379. PM me if anyone knows any codes to drop it lower!
Which airport?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by gadheri
Which airport?
Sorry, MCO.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:32 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Sorry, MCO.
Seeing rates as low as $268 with Ace, $343 with Budget or Advantage, $352 with Sixt, $355 with Avis, etc. Use the link below to get a quote.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

Sorry, MCO.
Costco travel has it for $353 for Full size and $404 for standard suv.
Includes additional driver at n/c and can cancel anytime without penalty.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:58 am

Anyone has discount code for September? (wanna hire luxury SUV) for 20 days from LAX Thanks!!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:42 am

Is there such a discount for renting a 4-door middle class (Toyota Camry or similar) for 7 days at MCO, driving it to MIA and turning it in for a 6-passenger vehicle for the next 5 days? Also returning the van/SUV to MIA. We've never done this before.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by Hostess
Is there such a discount for renting a 4-door middle class (Toyota Camry or similar) for 7 days at MCO, driving it to MIA and turning it in for a 6-passenger vehicle for the next 5 days? Also returning the van/SUV to MIA. We've never done this before.
I think you'd just make two separate reservations, one for MCO-MIA, and another for MIA-MIA. When you turn in the MCO car at MIA, use the Alamo app (or kiosk) to check in for the next rental, and just transfer your bags in the Alamo lot to the new vehicle.

For discount codes I've found that autoslash dot com works pretty well. Usually yields a Costco-type base price with a $30-ish discount coupon stacked on top of it.
AutoSlash and Hostess like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:00 am

Dang..LAS is high right now for rental cars!! Going 2/24-3/1. Luckily I got one reserved before they got too high but I was wanting to add a day and then it makes it sky rocket! Must be a convention or something going on then.

I currently have it for $147 for the 28th return but when I ck now for returning 3/1 it's almost twice as much!

Any suggestions?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by oklamom
Dang..LAS is high right now for rental cars!! Going 2/24-3/1. Luckily I got one reserved before they got too high but I was wanting to add a day and then it makes it sky rocket! Must be a convention or something going on then.

I currently have it for $147 for the 28th return but when I ck now for returning 3/1 it's almost twice as much!

Any suggestions?
Do you qualify for any discounts (like AARP, Costco, USAA, Sam's Club, etc.) with Budget? With my AARP discount and Budget's on-line $15-off-$125 coupon, I'm finding a prepaid rate of $173, taxes/fees included, for a full-size car. (The pay at pick-up rate is a little more, $189.)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Do you qualify for any discounts (like AARP, Costco, USAA, Sam's Club, etc.) with Budget? With my AARP discount and Budget's on-line $15-off-$125 coupon, I'm finding a prepaid rate of $173, taxes/fees included, for a full-size car. (The pay at pick-up rate is a little more, $189.)
Thanks for your input. I am AARP and Sams and rapidrez with Budget. But when I put all that info in with autoslash I don't get the price you said. I would prefer paying at counter because you never know when plans change and I know with prepaid no changes/refunds.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:38 pm

Any suggestions?
It depends on your pickup and return times, but we're seeing rates as low as $155.72 with Advantage or $177.59 with Alamo for BJ's members or $169.97 for Costco members (all pay at pickup).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It depends on your pickup and return times, but we're seeing rates as low as $155.72 with Advantage or $177.59 with Alamo for BJ's members or $169.97 for Costco members (all pay at pickup).

Thanks autoslash, however I am not a BJ's or Costco member,. We don't have them where we live however, they are currently building a costco here in my town now. I know they have discounts so I will join costco once it's done. Do they ask for ID?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for your input. I am AARP and Sams and rapidrez with Budget. But when I put all that info in with autoslash I don't get the price you said. I would prefer paying at counter because you never know when plans change and I know with prepaid no changes/refunds.

If you can get a lower rate with Budget at budget.com rather than Auto Slash, then it seems to me that the sensible thing to do is to book the reservation at budget.com, wouldn't you agree?

Make sure that the AARP BCD is associated with your Rapid Rez number, and that you click on the "Deals" tab at budget.com to take advantage of the $15-off-of-$125 coupon.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 pm

If you can get a lower rate with Budget at budget.com rather than Auto Slash, then it seems to me that the sensible thing to do is to book the reservation at budget.com, wouldn't you agree?

Make sure that the AARP BCD is associated with your Rapid Rez number, and that you click on the "Deals" tab at budget.com to take advantage of the $15-off-of-$125 coupon.
Ok thanks for all the info. I will try that! THANK YOU!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:11 pm

Only if the deal allows for free cancellation. If you have to pay $50 to cancel the prepaid reservation, then it means you are leaving money on the table if prices drop (which they often do as the pickup date approaches). Even worse, if your plans change you're out the entire amount you paid. Wouldn't you pay a few dollars more to protect yourself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.