Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney - dissapointed in the hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Sydney - dissapointed in the hotel

Hi,

Currently staying at the Radisson in Sydney, and I must say I am very dissapointed.

If I hadn't had to prepay I would even be tempted to claim under their 100% satisfaction guarantee!!

We are staying on the Plaza Club level, so paying a decent price for the New Year Eve period.

Whilst most of our moans are small(ish) they all mount up to a rather unhappy stay...

1) The club plaza was shut first night as they cleaned all the chairs in the afternoon, and they were still wet. (okay we were taken to the bar, so not too bad)

2) The following day and every morning since then at breakfast we have to ask for almost everything including plates, knives and forks, fresh fruit, hot food, coffee, toast etc. One morning we asked 7 times when there were 3 people on duty. Other mornings there was just one person and it was almost impossible - getting coffee AFTER you have eaten both fresh fruit and a hot breakfast is a joke. We were even told it would be good if we got up earlier to eat breakfast, despite going in there a whole hour before it closed. There is never a clean table in the morning - we have to ask for a table to be laid - which then is dirty from the previous people, and missing items such as jam and marmalade.

3) We were not told about free wireless internet on the club floor, we only found out by chance after we had connected via the LAN cable. It took 3 requests after the manager agreed to take off the charges for them to be removed. Sadly the free internet only allows 100MB limit at a time, so frequent re-connects are required of one is working. (They charge $30 per 100mb if you are connected via a cable, or not on the club floor!)

4) They do not serve spirits in the plaza lounge at the weekend. Fine any other day, just not on Saturday or Sunday nights - they reckon their licence doesnt allow it. I have never heard that in any hotel!!! According to the name above the front door they have one licence for the hotel.

5) The only place we can smoke is outside the front door, fair enough, but we do not wish to keep hearing the door people complaining that the suitcases of guests are too heavy and that the guests are taking liberties and must be packing for a month!!

6) Water is given in the rooms by the maid on more than one night - however when it was not put in we enquired and they denied that it even existed. Needless to say we did not get it.

7) I had to get something from my car in the basement - I was taken via the staff lift having to share it with people pushing trolleys of food etc., as the concierge couldn't find the correct public lift to go down there (only 1 of the lifts goes down)

8) Communication is non existant - one member of staff complained to me that they had no staff and were desperate for more staff, so clearly morale is low.

6) The duty manager does not seem interested and just mentions that the hotel has been rated as one of the best in the world and it is a busy time of the year. Well sorry, but if I am paying $550 per night I expect a reasonable level of service - I do not expect to have to walk up to staff in the club plaza lounge and ask for plates, cutlery, food, coffee etc. If it was a one off fair enough - but it is every single morning....

7) The lounge is just not big enough for all the guests - tonight for example there were not enough seats downstairs and I would have to walk up a winding staircase, where there is no buffet or drinks.

The problem is that when room keys constantly fail to work in the lifts it just impounds the dis-satisfaction of the stay, which should be enjoyable.

I would never stay here again - and if I had to I would not pay the difference for the plaza club level as the benefits are zilch - I do not expect to be spoke to rudly or have to almost beg for food and items to eat it with/on!!

It might sound like I am moaning for the sake of it - but I am here to work and rely upon a hotel to make life stress free. If I pay $50 per night I expect $50 worth of service, but if I am paying $550 per night I expect a bit better....

Having stayed in several 4 and 5 star hotels over the last 5 weeks, this is by far our worse experience, and is a shame.

right moan over....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.