Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Points Program Eff. Oct 1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Gold Points Program Eff. Oct 1

I just saw on the GoldPoints home page that there are revised program rules and regulations effective 10/1/06 (today). I'm not an expert at deciphering this sort of thing, and definitely don't know what's commonplace in programs like this. What I read makes me a bit concerned, seems like the program can end at any time, that GoldPoints is absolving itself from point posting problems, etc. Should I be concerned with any of the language that appears in those rules/regulations?

I have reservations for a 7-night stay next summer, using my points, and (among other things) want to make sure I shouldn't worry about if that vacation will endangered.

Thank you for your expertise and opinions!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum
This is not legal advice, but don't worry about the new T&Cs. They contain just boilerplate language for this kind of loyalty programs.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 8:02 pm
ALW

You're right to pay attention though, they've cut back the program in several ways over the last few years, with varying degrees of warning (and of lying about it).

i.e. change from 4 GP->1 airline mile to 8 GP -> 1 airline mile, maximum 1 million miles transferred per year, requiring a hotel stay per year to redeem, no more on-demand transfers (except Gold members).

=aw
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Well they appear to have surreptitiously stopped the 'weekend extend' bonus for Gold holders, by simply reducing the availability at all their hotels to zero.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
No one should be surprised by anything GoldPoints does, particularly if it involves devaluation of points, reduction of benefits, or absolving themselves of any responsibility for anything. After the now infamous ValueMags scandal of a number of years ago, where GoldPoints advertised an offer and attempted to re-neg, lied to a number of people about when points would be posted (I believe some people never saw their points), and then changed (drastically reducing value) redemption terms, it's a wonder that people still do business with them.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:51 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I have found that Goldpoints may be one of the worst programs available.I use Radisson only when I have no choice and corporate puts me there.The shopping portal has great stores,but points rarely post and GP follow-up is awful.I will not spend any more time dealing with them-and now they basically absolve themselves of responsibility.

I am in the process of working out the details of a mileage transfer-then I'm done.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, I'm feeling a bit sad about the current troubles with Goldpoints as i just received my gold card - and it appears it is worthless! Has anyone contacted them to see why it isn't possible to book the weekend extend or 10% discount rates? Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Well my portal points have been posting, slowly but surely thank goodness...

Some of the posts here have made me a bit nervous about all the points I have accumulated towards (hopefully) next summer's vacation (U.S.). Not sure if I should be nervous or not about whether the points will still be available to use.

Does anyone know about redeeming gold points for future-use vouchers? Could be used as a gift idea then too?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I have found that Goldpoints may be one of the worst programs available.I use Radisson only when I have no choice and corporate puts me there.The shopping portal has great stores,but points rarely post and GP follow-up is awful.I will not spend any more time dealing with them-and now they basically absolve themselves of responsibility.

I am in the process of working out the details of a mileage transfer-then I'm done.

Goldpoints is the worst program in posting bonus points by my experience -- currently my account are at least 15K short, even after repeated calls/FAXes/letters. No other program has been that bad in correcting mistakes.

Now I have reduced my account balance to a little over 10k. Is there any easy way to add a few thousand? Then I can clear out this account and forget about them for good.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Do goldpoints expire?

Did not see anything in the new Ts & Cs and my search for "expiration" came up empty.

Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:02 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Do goldpoints expire?
No, they don't: http://www.GoldPoints.com/common/Dis...&group=aboutus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.