Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson SAS Lucerne

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by rocksurf
Had a nice 2 night stay here on points - booked before the deval at 75k points for 2 nights, including breakfast. The hotel restaurant, Luce, was very good, especially for dinner. Here is some info and pics:

https://luxepoints.wordpress.com/201...tzerland-2015/
Nice!!! Unfortunately, not only is there the deval with the demise of the 2-for-1; they have raised the cost to 70K for a regular room and to 105K for the business room with breakfast. So, your stay would have cost 210K now!!! Unbelievable!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

My husband and son just rode a motorcycle to this hotel. They were able to park the motorcycle without problems. I know that's not the usual mode of transportation for travelers, but, hey, if you happen to be on an adventure ride through the Alps, this hotel got the thumbs up rating.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I don't recommend this hotel for leisure travelers. The value you get from your club carlson points is questionable now.

We did a 6 night stay at this hotel. It was booked with points pre devaluation for business class rooms.

For first 3 nights, we were assigned an accessible room # 537 as the hotel was sold out. This room was terrible. There is no artwork on the walls, the furniture is badly designed and it's hard to use.

For the next 3 nights we moved to a lake view room 342. The view is blocked by the trees and other buildings nearby. The design was slightly better that our first room. That was very nice of the hotel to upgrade us to this room. The hotel design is flashy and TA thinks it is 4.5*, but to me it is closer to 3.5*

The hotel staff was good. However there was a chef at the omelette station that was terrible. Every time we ordered he would put a frown on his face. Breakfast is not very impressive compared to other Radisson Blus. That really spoiled our mood in the morning.

Stay here only if
- you don't plan on spending too much time in the hotel
- you will be using public transit (station is very close)
- you won't have a car as parking is 32 francs per night and it's a real pain to get to the freeway

Lake Lucerne...
lake lucerne is not as beautiful as other swiss lakes. A perfect little swiss village is Kaiserstuhl on Lake Lungern. After my trip this is what I realized: Swiss food is expensive and the chain hotels are not great so best way to go is rent an apartment. I'm really glad we had rented a car and were able to drive around the lake and the vista points. There are better cities elsewhere and one should really go to switzerland for the quaint villages in amazing settings. However there are not many swiss places on AirBNB. I was told that the best option is to ask the local tourist office for apartment rental referrals. That's what I will do next time. Avoid all swiss cities and drive a car to a beautiful swiss village and stay in a apartment for a week or so. Enjoy the tranquility and do day trips. Save money by preparing your own food and splurge on a couple of meals in nicer restaurants.

See view of lake lungern here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lu...159704!6m1!1e1

Regarding car:
public transport is very expensive in Switzerland. If you are traveling in a group of > 2, car will usually come out cheaper. And parking was not very hard to find (although you have to pay for it). It just makes things easier when you can stop at any point for as long as you like.

Last edited by mintcilantro; Sep 19, 2016 at 11:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.