Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Elite Status

I have just gotten Elite Status with Radisson. I was wondering what other people with Radisson have gotten in terms of upgrades and such. My experience with Radisson has been hit or miss. Totally unpredictable for a chain of this size.

Thanks in advance,
KT
Old Apr 18, 2004, 12:38 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
"Hit or miss" is exactly right. I had Radisson elite status for several years. The very best property I encountered for recognizing elite status was the Radisson Barcelo in Washington DC, where an upgrade to a suite was very common. In most other locations that I stayed, elite status netted little or nothing beyond double points. When Radisson seriously de-valued their program by going to 8 points/mile conversion from the previous 4/1 ratio, it became clear that they were intent on becoming one of the least generous programs in the industry for people who collect miles. I was not interested in continuing at the elite level of 30,000 points/year because it was equal to only 3,750 miles; half of what a PC member would get for a similar amount of business and less than half of what a typical HH member would receive in miles (never mind the whole double-dip aspect of HH).

On the bright side, it may be a decent program for very frequent guests who are interested in the points side, as opposed to the mileage conversion. Promotions are relatively frequent and the double points aspect of elite status is very nice. There are many decent properties, too.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: UA *G
I use Priceline rates. Any luck on trying to get them count for GP?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Actually,

Yes. I have gotten about 3 to 4 properties to give me GP without any hassle. Radisson is also the one hotel chain that has burned me with Priceline rates where I felt, I got a crappy room and wouldn't give me a non-smoking room. (said hotel was full) but it was quite empty to me.

KT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.