Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson/Choice and Tromso - help please?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Radisson/Choice and Tromso - help please?

Hi, I used to accumulate/burn points with the old Club Carlson brand but it's been some years since I've stayed with a Radisson. However, I have a trip coming up to Tromso Norway and was interested in the Radisson Blu Tromso. I am USA based and I know the Radisson program is split between Radisson Americas and Radisson Rewards. However, I can't figure out if the hotel is available on points during my selected nights (Feb 17-20). I can select various rates when I book, like lowest available, military, government, etc., but I don't see an option for points/rewards/etc.

I don't have any Radisson Rewards points, but if my understanding is correct, I should be able to transfer my Choice points to Radisson Americas and then from Radisson Americas to Radisson Rewards (I hope!), so I was hoping this could work out for a free night...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:18 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, I used to accumulate/burn points with the old Club Carlson brand but it's been some years since I've stayed with a Radisson. However, I have a trip coming up to Tromso Norway and was interested in the Radisson Blu Tromso. I am USA based and I know the Radisson program is split between Radisson Americas and Radisson Rewards. However, I can't figure out if the hotel is available on points during my selected nights (Feb 17-20). I can select various rates when I book, like lowest available, military, government, etc., but I don't see an option for points/rewards/etc.

I don't have any Radisson Rewards points, but if my understanding is correct, I should be able to transfer my Choice points to Radisson Americas and then from Radisson Americas to Radisson Rewards (I hope!), so I was hoping this could work out for a free night...

Thanks in advance!
There are no longer any points-only rates in the Radisson Rewards program - you need to select a cash rate that lists "pay with points" as an option, then click all the way though to the payment page, where you can select to pay with pay with points - only at that point can you determine the number of points needed to cover the full cost of the stay using points.

As you perhaps imagine though, there are very few bargains to be had under this scheme (though still useful if you are points-rich).

Last edited by GinFizz; Jan 20, 2024 at 8:12 am
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I believe Radisson Americas no longer exists and has been integrated into Choice. You can't use your points to book European Radissons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.