Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Discount Booster" (VIP & Prem) - useful for Cash? or Points? bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Two options of Earning with Discount Booster:
1. OFF (previously the only method) : 36pts/ $1 VIP
2. ON up to 20% discount from __ cash rate? points rate? : 12pts VIP

In Jan 2024, some time offers 35% and now 30% off bookings ...and... the usual anytime, some discount for PREPAY-on-App

So, i tried both methods to see the effect, and looking only at the PREPAY-on-App scenario (those are the rates that appear on the Calendar View on the App).
1. OFF prepay price $67.69 + taxes .... says this rate is 35% discount (base price $104 ) and points 28,525 pts earning 36 per $1 = 36 x Poff
2. ON prepay price $60.92 + taxes ... says this rate is 31% discount (base price $88.48) and points 25,675 pts earning 12 per $1 = 12 x Poff x .90

If book with cash ON, then get 10.8 x Price.OFF or 10.8/36 = 30% vs 33% = 12/36

Any thoughts whether to use the Discount Booster ...for Cash or Points bookings?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I use the discount booster and I'm quite happy with it. Most of the time the savings are much higher than value of the points I'm losing. It's actually a pretty good system.

Of course the 30 percent discount (and similar) is a bit of a manipulation, since they coun't it from the base non-member price, not the normal members rate which you get with discount booster off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.