Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2023, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

Index to Genius1 Trip Reports

Here are some photos I've dug out of the archives from a 1-night trip to EMA back in November 2021.

Perched at the end of Runway 27, the Radisson Blu is a 2-minute drive from the terminal building, or a 20-minute walk. My Standard room (and indeed the overall interior design of the property) on the first floor was typically quirky in true Radisson Blu style, and whilst not particularly to my taste was perfectly comfortable. Complimentary water was provided in the otherwise empty minibar. There was a kettle but no coffee machine (these are available in Superior rooms and higher). The TV had an interesting sign adjacent to it warning that if anything was plugged into the HDMI ports, this would 'cause the entire hotel system to crash'.

The bathroom had a large walk-in shower, and own-brand amenities in small bottles. There were no facecloths, robes or slippers, and glasses had been replaced by single use cups (although I suspect this was an interim pandemic measure). Robes and slippers are available in Junior Suites and above.

My room had a view of the end of the runway.

I had a quick dinner in the hotel's only restaurant - the aptly titled Runway Restaurant - under some distinctly odd lampshades. Food was decent but unmemorable, and the same went for breakfast where a decent buffet including made-to-order eggs was offered.

There's a gym, swimming pool and steam room, although I didn't have time to use these facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.