Search

Radisson Rewards - VIP areas & experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:31 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Radisson Rewards - VIP areas & experiences

The refreshed Radisson Rewards scheme has added "Access to VIP areas" as a new benefits for VIP members.

Great, I thought.

Unfortunately, the Radisson Rewards customer Service is unable to say where such VIP areas are to be found.

My recent experiences have been that VIP areas appear to be non-existent at all my (European) destinations.
Even where there is an Executive Lounge this does not apparently equate the promised VIP area: I have been rejected VIP member access to the Executive Lounge at Park Olaza London Waterloo, and the previously available Executive Lounge at Park Plaza London Riverbank has been closed down (well, the space is still there, but no snacks/Happy Hour/drinks - just seating).

Has anyone found a VIP area that was accessible to them as a VIP member?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The refreshed Radisson Rewards scheme has added "Access to VIP areas" as a new benefits for VIP members.

Great, I thought.

Unfortunately, the Radisson Rewards customer Service is unable to say where such VIP areas are to be found.

My recent experiences have been that VIP areas appear to be non-existent at all my (European) destinations.
Even where there is an Executive Lounge this does not apparently equate the promised VIP area: I have been rejected VIP member access to the Executive Lounge at Park Olaza London Waterloo, and the previously available Executive Lounge at Park Plaza London Riverbank has been closed down (well, the space is still there, but no snacks/Happy Hour/drinks - just seating).

Has anyone found a VIP area that was accessible to them as a VIP member?
Is it event access that they have in mind? Like a VIP area at a concert or other event close to a Radisson hotel?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
No. VIP areas in hotels - akin to Executive Lounge I had assumed. Hoping to learn via this chat whether anyone has come across any of these mysterious VIP areas anywhere....
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:42 pm

I've not found any either - so I guess these VIP areas don't really exist?!!
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:23 am

There is "BLU Lounge", at Radisson Blu, Oulu, Finland. Accessible to Premium and VIP members as well as guests staying in suites (you need a key card to get in). There are some beverages and salty and sweet snacks available.

Edit: not sure if Premium members have access, app says only VIP has access to such areas, but I remember hotel info on their TV saying Premium have access too.
the810 likes this.

Last edited by JoRz; Apr 21, 2024 at 3:47 am
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Looks nice! I'm currently planning my summer trip to Finland and was wondering whether I should stop by at Oulu. Now I think I should just to test out my first Radisson lounge
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by the810
Looks nice! I'm currently planning my summer trip to Finland and was wondering whether I should stop by at Oulu. Now I think I should just to test out my first Radisson lounge
Radisson Blu Oulu was a recent winner of the World Luxury Hotel Awards in three categories. It was voted the best luxury city hotel in Finland, the best riverside hotel in Europe, and the best conference & event hotel in Finland.

It is one of the best Radissons I have stayed in (the one in Warsaw is pretty good too). As a VIP member, I have always received a complementary room upgrade in this hotel, last time to a suite.
the810 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.