Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Points Booking

Hi all,

I havent used my Radisson account in a while, and just tried to see if I could use up my points on the account but if I go to redeem, no hotels come up on any dates, is anyone else having this issue? Very confused, not sure what im doing wrong. Any advice appreciated

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Radisson got split into 2 programs, Americas, and rest of world. If Radisson Americas, it got merged to Choice, best to check under your Choice account, if not, then link them. If rest of world, it is still active. So, where did you have the points?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I have rest of the world points. No points availability at all in European Radisson properties. Any tips?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by dabee69
I have rest of the world points. No points availability at all in European Radisson properties. Any tips?
The way redemptions work has changed few months ago. You no longer book a points rate. Instead, you can apply points to pay partially or fully for any regular "cash" rate. You need to first select the rate you want to book, and then in the next step you'll see the option to apply points.

It seems that approximately 47500 points are needed to cover 100 EUR.
arollins likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by the810
The way redemptions work has changed few months ago. You no longer book a points rate. Instead, you can apply points to pay partially or fully for any regular "cash" rate. You need to first select the rate you want to book, and then in the next step you'll see the option to apply points.

Is 47.5 k a fixed rate? I am not seeing any options to use pts. Maybe cuz I got no pts after the split
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Is 47.5 k a fixed rate? I am not seeing any options to use pts. Maybe cuz I got no pts after the split
Radisson "international" (non-Americas) booking concept changed.
Previously, at initial step of booking there was a check-box if wanted to redeem points.

Now, you go through the various screens to book (initial location & dates, then Room type, etc) and at final stage of booking there is the "method of payment" (money, points, combo) ...well this new method is nice in concept, for several years and several hotel & airline programs have the check-box on the initial screen

Personally, i understand the concept of providing/selecting all criteria, then "how to pay" and the end .... but it wastes a lot of time going through various screens/steps to be able to see the points required .... so, its not helpful for members wanting to use points
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:06 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by the810
It's 36K for 100USD last I checked, at least when paying for the full price (partial payments maybe? have other rate?) Which works out to 10% back in straight value (at VIP earning), which I am happy with. You could probably extract more value in old program and/or other chains, but I like how I can simply apply the points when it makes sense and not worry about finding sweetspots...

As a comparison, if I wanted to spend a weekend in Berlin in February and stay at a Hilton, the ratio of points-per-100-euros varies between 25-31k pts, but almost always 30k +- 1k. Same for Budapest and same for March, point prices trail cash prices.
I would have to spend about 1370EUR at highest, or maybe more comparably to VIP, 1500 Euros at Gold to earn that, giving worse earn-to-burn than Radisson. Admittedly, Hilton has more offers. I had to stay in London twice in Q4 23, and due to an offer, my points have more than doubled. I can get 2000-2500 points, about 125EUR spend worth, per stay in Jan-Apr.
But then, speaking of London... I have looked at point prices for the same March weekend in London, for the 10 hotels closest to the reference point.
Compare 30k per 100EUR rate in Berlin and Budapest, the average in London is 27, not that different, but the spread is 18.4k-46.8k pts per 100 EUR! Close to three times the price.
A Canopy is 10% more than a Curio on cash rate, but, Curio is 50% more on points... this specific Curio is more expensive in points than another Curio, which is more than twice as expensive in cash! Seriously who has time to chase this?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I just came back to check on my Radisson and to my surprise, I found that everything has changed.

(Not super happy about my Gold being downgraded to "Premium"... Not to mention that the CPH airport radisson blue has ceased to exist?)

I am currently trying to use some points for one night in Copenhagen, the Radisson Collection has some nice rooms available, cheapest for approx 250.- EUR (I dislike how taxes seem to no longer be included in the shown rates!) However, trying to apply points, they expect me to pay 80k points for an approx. 200.- EUR discount. Surely that can't be right? This seems terrible value compared to the old award nights system.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I just came back to check on my Radisson and to my surprise, I found that everything has changed.

(Not super happy about my Gold being downgraded to "Premium"... Not to mention that the CPH airport radisson blue has ceased to exist?)

I am currently trying to use some points for one night in Copenhagen, the Radisson Collection has some nice rooms available, cheapest for approx 250.- EUR (I dislike how taxes seem to no longer be included in the shown rates!) However, trying to apply points, they expect me to pay 80k points for an approx. 200.- EUR discount. Surely that can't be right? This seems terrible value compared to the old award nights system.
That's what I've been seeing, too. And it's impossible to reach anyone that can talk to me about the process, the booking, the points, really anything.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 10:37 am

I tried booking a room in Sydney but while I can book using my Credit Card, no where do I see the option of redeeming points. Can someone please enlighten me?

Last edited by puchong; Apr 20, 2024 at 10:56 am
Old Apr 20, 2024, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
I tried booking a room in Sydney but while I can book using my Credit Card, no where do I see the option of redeeming points. Can someone please enlighten me?
Point booking is not directly available when you are doing your booking, you have to start as a cash booking selecting dates and type of room plus any other amenity such as breakfast (if not offered by hotel) room location (some options as city/water view), etc, then right before "payment" on the bottom part of screen you are given the option to redeem points. Click on it, you can do a full redemption, or at minimum a partial redemption, based on the amount of points you have. Last I recall when I last redeemed for points it was about 45-50k points per night. If you don't even have the minimum for partial redemptions, this option will not come up for you.
puchong likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:33 am

Thanks for the response, arollins. Does Radisson (the International wing) delete points after a period of inactivity? I had over 265,000 points but had not stayed for a couple of years; today I see that my balance is zero!
Old Apr 23, 2024, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Thanks for the response, arollins. Does Radisson (the International wing) delete points after a period of inactivity? I had over 265,000 points but had not stayed for a couple of years; today I see that my balance is zero!
Sorry to hear that, but yes, most programs whether air/hotel/rental credit typically have anywhere between 12 months or so. I think Radisson was either 12 or 18 months.
You should check to see if maybe there is a Choice that was automatically opened under your name and points transferred there. I would call Choice and Radisson as well, 265k points is enough for a 5 day stay or so. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.