Wiki Posts
Search

Escalating Best Rate Guarantee claim

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Question Escalating Best Rate Guarantee claim

G'day FT,

I recently booked a Family Room at the shiny new Radisson Da Nang, Vietnam only to find a far superior rate (as in, half price) on Expedia. I fired off a BORG claim, which was first denied because they incorrectly said my claim was for a "Executive Suite - Corner Room - Ocean View". When I said no, it's for a Family Room, they denied it again because my reservation confirmation says "Family Room – Sea View Executive Suite - Corner Room - Ocean View" while the website says "Family Room – Sea View". Not only are those the same thing, but there is only one kind of Family Room at the hotel in the first place! Agrajag!

Is there any way to escalate a BORG claim past the front-line rep who isn't responding anymore? At this point this is more about the principle than the money. I have no status whatsoever on Radisson, but if the FT hivemind can help solve this, I'll happily write the first detailed review of the property on FT in exchange
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is no such thing as "escalating" a BRG.

There is:
  1. Try a dozen more times
  2. Give up and book the OTA - if there are no status implications this is the logical choice
  3. Switch your stay to another chain
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Just got back from Danang, and we found out why the BORG claim had been denied: despite me booking a Family Room and the Radisson site confirming so, wires had gotten crossed in the backend and the booking the hotel had received was for a two-person Executive Suite instead! Sorting this out took some time, especially since every single room in the hotel was booked that weekend, but in the end they just comped us an extra room for the kids and all was well in the world.

Booking system shenanigans aside, we were quite happy with the property, stay tuned for a full review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.