Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, UA.
How to join global Radisson account?

Hello,
How do I create/join Global Radisson account? I currently has Radisson account in America.
Is there a link for this ?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moon4fun
Hello,
How do I create/join Global Radisson account? I currently has Radisson account in America.
Is there a link for this ?

Thanks!
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...n-rewards/join
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:03 pm

Thanks Adam1112.
How long do I need to wait after the global account activate ? I got this message when I try to transfer my usa account to global account.Enter your Radisson Rewards account information
We were not able to confirm your account information.
Your Radisson Rewards member number
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:52 pm

Thanks Adam1112.
How long do I need to wait after the global account activate ? I got this message when I try to transfer my usa account to global account.Enter your Radisson Rewards account information
I do not know. Sorry.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks Adam1112.
How long did you wait? I think I did a transfer the same day. But that was over a month ago.

Are you able to log into your global account? There are reports of login problems in this recent threads.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...not-login.html

Perhaps a related problem.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:23 am

No problem login both America and Global account.
I created the Global account and activate it yesterday. I login both account without any problem just now.
I just cannot transfer from America to Global. It keep telling me, they are not able to confirm my Global account ?Enter your Radisson Rewards account information
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
No problem login both America and Global account.
I created the Global account and activate it yesterday. I login both account without any problem just now.
Name and email are the same for both accounts?
_kurt likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:32 pm

Yes. Both name and email same on both account.
Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:44 pm

My bad. I thought I have the same email. It was different. I request to change the email and I able to transfer the points to global account.

Many Thanks for everyone help in this case.
notquiteaff and _kurt like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:08 pm

Do the points in the global program ever expire? If they do expire, what to do to keep the points from expiring? Thanks,
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by lililolo
Do the points in the global program ever expire? If they do expire, what to do to keep the points from expiring? Thanks,
If you scroll up, you will see this has been discussed.
​​​​​​
You can also look at the terms and conditions:
"If there is no points activity in your Radisson Rewards account for any 24-month period, we may, at any time and in our sole discretion and without notice or liability to you, void and cancel any or all of your points."

Options for earning points:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/rewards/earn

In addition, you can earn points in the US and transfer them
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I opened my Global account about a month or so ago. Same name and email address as in US account. Today I tried transferring points from US to Global, but I'm getting "Sorry, you can't transfer Points at this time. Please call member services" Any insight as to what this can be? For what is worth, I did send an email an tweet to them. Hopefully a simple thing, tomorrow once I'm free I'll give them a call.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by arollins
I opened my Global account about a month or so ago. Same name and email address as in US account. Today I tried transferring points from US to Global, but I'm getting "Sorry, you can't transfer Points at this time. Please call member services" Any insight as to what this can be? For what is worth, I did send an email an tweet to them. Hopefully a simple thing, tomorrow once I'm free I'll give them a call.
I wanted to follow up on this, in case others had the same issue, and provide some guidance. Upon calling RAD USA, turn out my account had a "hold" on it, nothing nefarious, just basically that I needed to change the password of my USA account. Call again, and have hold removed. Once all that was done, I managed to do the transfer. As indicated in previous post you can only transfer per block of points, until you can get to the minimal amount, but altogether it was not a tedious process, The transfer was done within minutes, as it posted in Global account same day.

Last edited by arollins; Jul 28, 2022 at 9:06 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Decided to transfer 2/3 of my 1.5 Mio RR out to the international Radisson program this morning. Transfer was almost instantaneous from the US to the international program. Going to keep watching for new news on the Choice acquisition and decide what to do with the remaining balance based on that. I was just too worried that Choice would pull the plug on transfers without notice and with the news that we are loosing the only half way viable redemption option in NYC (Radisson Midtown) I was starting to get cold feet. Since almost all of my RR stays were in Europe anyway I think in the long run all my points will go to the international program anyway.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Sorry but I have been away from this programme and don't fully understand these separate programmes. I am trying to book a hotel in the US but my account (UK based) is not recognised on the US site. Do I have to create a new account on the US site and restart to earn a status? If mutually recognised, what is the point to separate the one programme into two...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.