Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: _kurt
Program Split
2 separate programs exist now, Radisson Rewards Americas and Radisson Rewards. Americas members who want to redeem points for stays outside the Americas must first create an account in the other program and transfer points at this page. If you just want to check the points price in advance, find the property at RadissonHotels.com instead of RadissonHotelsAmericas.com

Transferring Points Between Programs
Points can be transferred free of charge between Radisson Rewards America and Radisson Rewards accounts held by the same person. The first name, last name, and email address must match between the accounts in order for the transfer to be permitted. Otherwise you will get an error "We were not able to confirm your account information."

Transferring points is instantaneous. In order to initiate a transfer, first log in to the account from which you will be transferring. Then visit the appropriate page:
Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards:
https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer
Radisson Rewards to Radisson Rewards Americas:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...pointstransfer

The FAQ indicates that transfers are limited to 1,000,000 points per transfer, 5,000,000 points per year, and 25 transfers per year.

Status Match
The Radisson Hotels website indicates "simply join the Radisson Rewards Americas program and call Member Services before your stay to request a status match for Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers." Reports in the forum vary with some having success and some getting frustration.
Print Wikipost

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thanks for the post reports! I merged the threads, keeping the more descriptive title.

--jpdx, Radisson Rewards Moderator
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
And now for something completely different: With a decent number of people probably annoyed with the program split, are there any other hotel programs, that proactively offer decent status matches?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by xooz
I have logged in to the EMEA version (radissonhotels.com). My point balance shows. You seem to have to click through the "Redeem" button to get points options to show. I am not sure how far into the future Radisson allowed you to book, but I found availability with points In London through the end of this year. I couldn't see points as an available option past the first couple of days of Jan 2022.
Likewise, I've done searches for hotels in Europe and Australia in February of 2022 and found no points availability at all.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
There’s already a thread on this.
There was thread about the app, was the thread you were referring to?. That thread had no indication in the title of being about this. And for people who don't use the app at all (I only use the website), it was a particularly misleadingly titled thread if it was actually about this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 18, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
And here come the changes:

5 Award Night categories

More Simple

We believe that simpler is better when it comes to redeeming your points. That's why we're reducing the number of hotel categories from seven down to five. Additionally, a new, simplified point structure uses increments of 15,000 points, making it easier to track your progress toward redeeming Award Night stays. Compare the changes for yourself.
2x hotels at 15,000 points

More Options

Along with simplifying your Award Night stays, we've doubled the number of hotels available at 15,000 points. With more options to choose from, your points offer more value right from the start.
NEW RewardSaver rate

More Rewarding

The new RewardSaver rate lets you enjoy limited-time, heavily discounted Award Nights. They are not seasonal or dependent on pre-determined peak and off-peak rates, which means they can happen at any time and anywhere. So keep a bag packed and be ready to save even more with RewardSaver!

And don't worry—you'll still be able to book your Award Night stays with no blackout dates, capacity controls, booking fees, or penalties for cancellation.
So simplified award table but with trimming the lower end and increasing the prices on the higher end, and everything in between probably more expensive.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
"we've doubled the number of hotels available at 15,000 points". Yeah, they doubled the number of hotels available at 15,000 points by moving the hotels formerly at 9,000 point up to 15,000 points. And they manage to try to spin this as a positive.

These marketing people are geniuses at spin. Geniuses, I tell you.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
And here come the changes:

So simplified award table but with trimming the lower end and increasing the prices on the higher end, and everything in between probably more expensive.
Sad, sad devaluation. Of course any half decent property will increase in points.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:09 am

Yep despite the confidence of some folks here that a devaluation wasn't in the works here it is. More interesting since at least my email was for the new "Americas" program is whether this applies to the rest of the world. What I also wonder is what happens when the programs split and I have awards booked ex-US but I am going to the US program? Given their IT issues generally speaking that worries me.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Here is their list of recategorization (active June 2021): https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...categorychange

Source: Blog post covering the devaluation
36902BRF likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
This is unfortunate that politics gets in the way as Radisson is my second favorite hotel group (consistent quality) just behind Hyatt. I'll continue with my USB credit card as long as I get points value greater than my annual fee ($75) and I can transfer points to Radisson for redemption in Europe and Middle East.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
"we've doubled the number of hotels available at 15,000 points". Yeah, they doubled the number of hotels available at 15,000 points by moving the hotels formerly at 9,000 point up to 15,000 points. And they manage to try to spin this as a positive.

These marketing people are geniuses at spin. Geniuses, I tell you.
Actually, there are only 5 hotels going from 9k to 15k. There are 30-40 hotels going from 28k to 15k.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:37 am

Not a single property that I plan on staying at on their list moved down in points requirements. In fact, they all increased in point requirements.

I can't believe that their marketing department came up with these changes right after splitting the program and reservation systems in two. The timing couldn't have been worse.

They must think that they have amassed an amazing collection of hotels. My only hope is that they run the company into the ground and then sell it to a hotelier who can operate it.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
This is not good and I have to admit I was one of those that didn’t think they would be freaking stupid enough to implement a devaluation into this program split....guess I was wrong! I mainly spend point outside of the US so the list of changes for the other part of the program will determine my overall thoughts on this and how I react.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
This is not good and I have to admit I was one of those that didn’t think they would be freaking stupid enough to implement a devaluation into this program split....guess I was wrong! I mainly spend point outside of the US so the list of changes for the other part of the program will determine my overall thoughts on this and how I react.
Like you, all I care about is the international hotels.

But by my count, 50+ hotels are going from 28k to 15k per night and 100+ hotels are going from 38k+ to 30k

Yes, New York and a couple of others go from 70-75k, and the 60k level might hurt a few hotels that were at 50k before, but I really don't see the huge devaluation...

Last edited by craigthemif; Apr 20, 2021 at 12:04 pm
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:53 am

Kalispell, MT was 44K and is now going to 60K. I have to laugh at the NYC hotels, as they charged around $60 a night during the last 12 months, and have now increased rates to about $110 for summer travel. I don;t think that warrants 75K points a night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.