Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: _kurt
Program Split
2 separate programs exist now, Radisson Rewards Americas and Radisson Rewards. Americas members who want to redeem points for stays outside the Americas must first create an account in the other program and transfer points at this page. If you just want to check the points price in advance, find the property at RadissonHotels.com instead of RadissonHotelsAmericas.com

Transferring Points Between Programs
Points can be transferred free of charge between Radisson Rewards America and Radisson Rewards accounts held by the same person. The first name, last name, and email address must match between the accounts in order for the transfer to be permitted. Otherwise you will get an error "We were not able to confirm your account information."

Transferring points is instantaneous. In order to initiate a transfer, first log in to the account from which you will be transferring. Then visit the appropriate page:
Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards:
https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer
Radisson Rewards to Radisson Rewards Americas:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...pointstransfer

The FAQ indicates that transfers are limited to 1,000,000 points per transfer, 5,000,000 points per year, and 25 transfers per year.

Status Match
The Radisson Hotels website indicates "simply join the Radisson Rewards Americas program and call Member Services before your stay to request a status match for Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers." Reports in the forum vary with some having success and some getting frustration.
Print Wikipost

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
this is stupid. Not good IMO for the Radisson chain overall.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by christianj
We are introducing some exciting changes to deliver you a more localized experience.
I'll be the judge of whether these changes are exciting, and I can say with confidence that they are not.

If this change diminishes the value of my Radisson points when it comes to booking hotels outside of North America, then I'll probably stop participating in the program.
HiltonDawg likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
"exciting changes"

So I can no longer earn at Radisson in the Americas and redeem those points overseas? Yeah, I'm not sure "exciting" is the word I'd use...
MSPeconomist and HiltonDawg like this.

Last edited by swag; Apr 6, 2021 at 8:34 am
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:47 am

Just got the same email looks like I probably need to look at burning up my remaining points and see what shakes loose but I am not optimistic. Might be finally time to dump Radisson as my backup hotel loyalty program.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Northwest, United
It's not because of privacy laws/data protection or any other nonsense. They are about to gut the program.

They're spinning this as an enhancement. You know what that words means. BOHICA.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by swag
"exciting changes"

So I can no longer earn at Radisson in the Americas and redeem those points overseas? Yeah, I'm not sure "exciting" is the word I'd use...
According to the FAQ, you can create an overseas Radisson Rewards account and transfer points between your America's account and the second account.

This is going to be a PR disaster for Radisson. They could have very easily moved the rewards program to the U.S. for ALL of Radisson.
the810 and StartinSanDiego like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Gold
Sure hope this doesn't effect international points bookings that have already been made for future dates (by someone who will be in the "Americas" program.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
According to the FAQ, you can create an overseas Radisson Rewards account and transfer points between your America's account and the second account.

This is going to be a PR disaster for Radisson. They could have very easily moved the rewards program to the U.S. for ALL of Radisson.
I'm sure it'll be just as much fun as trying to transfer Avios between EI, BA, and IB.
TTT103 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by swag
"exciting changes"

Where are you getting this impression? That is not what it says! Did you actually read the FAQs before ranting? You will likely need to set up two accounts and transfer between them but that is not a devaluation or in any way shape or form what you are making it out to be.

I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to "enhancements" but the comments here so far are astonishingly negative. Why don't we wait and see what the changes are (if any other than creating two accounts and having to transfer between them) before we scream the Titanic is sinking. In the end it might just be an inconvenience but not the end of the world like you guys are making it out to be.
general45 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect it could work like a firewall between status earning and status benefits between the two programs.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:47 pm

Man is their IT messed up right now. It does appear the conversion may already partially in place. Using my existing Radisson account I appear only to be able to log into www.radissonhotelsamericas.com but not www.radissonhotels.com (I am US based though the vast majority of my stays have been in Europe). The problem is that you can only book hotels in the Americas on the former site and if you try to search in Europe or the Middle East it directs you to the latter site which I am not able to log into. That means right now I cannot book hotels elsewhere in the world on points which I'd actually like to do.

Edit: Never mind it looks like you may need to clear your cache. I was able to login to the international site via incognito.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Man is their IT messed up right now. It does appear the conversion may already partially in place. Using my existing Radisson account I appear only to be able to log into www.radissonhotelsamericas.com but not www.radissonhotels.com (I am US based though the vast majority of my stays have been in Europe). The problem is that you can only book hotels in the Americas on the former site and if you try to search in Europe or the Middle East it directs you to the latter site which I am not able to log into. That means right now I cannot book hotels elsewhere in the world on points which I'd actually like to do.
oh yuck! I mean if the transfer tool in the future allows the free flow of points then that will at least be o.k., albeit inconvenient. No status recognition though and earning only for one or the other ... that sucks.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I'm sure Radisson's IT will handle this complex solution very well. Not.

They have also these handy flowcharts available because apparantelly making a complete mess of your loyalty programme is a good idea when a pandemic destroys your industry. They surely are very keen to keep as many people as possible under Chinese jurisdiction rather than just move everyone elsewhere (e.g. to the EU which has excellent data protection laws).

While I would never even considered staying at Radisson in Northern America (due to hotels' quality), so the change itself doesn't affect me, this makes me concerned about the way they treat my data. Combined with what a mess RR is, I would most likely get out if I had a choice. Unfortunately, other major chains are packing properties in many European regions I travel to.

Last edited by the810; Apr 6, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:12 pm

Current points not useful for EU?

From email today: (Bold added by me)
“Is anything changing with my Radisson Rewards membership? Not today! In June, your membership, benefits and point balance will automatically transition to the Radisson Rewards Americas program. You'll continue to earn and redeem rewards just like you already have been doing at our hotels throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean.

However, you will need to take additional steps to earn and redeem for hotel stays in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Stay tuned for more information.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Curt Carlson would be aghast at this latest dumb move by Radisson. Growing up in Minnesota, Radisson Downtown Minneapolis was a really big deal, and some of their European properties are spectacular ... so the brand's had my loyalty in spite of themselves. Today I got the email about the separation of international and domestic ... only because I "read everything" did I have a look at it right away. OK, I said, another wrinkle in the corporate foolishness ... remember Residor and all the name changes?? This afternoon I have to cancel two domestic Radisson reservations, one in my name, one in my husband's name. Each of our accounts showed ZERO reservations. Had I not read this morning's email, I would have called. So now the Radisson call center is stuffed full of people on hold because they can't find their reservations. Is this DUMB or what? How about running parallel systems at least for a couple of weeks? If that's beyond you, how about posting a little sign on the domestic screen? Dog save us from corporate middle management!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.