Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Airport Terminal Hotel Stockholm Arlanda (ARN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 11/11 - 11/12

Location: The hotel is located in the SkyCity part of Arlanda Airport. This is the outside security area on level 3 between Terminals 4 and 5. It's on the same level as the check in desks. The hotel entrance is up an escalator directly across from the Arlanda Central Train Station. You can walk to all the terminals from here (though 4 and 5 are the shortest walks) and there are also a number of restaurants, stores and convenience stores in SkyCity itself. It's unbeatable as an airport location.

Hotel: The hotel is several stories with half the rooms facing the terminal and half facing the roadways leading up to it. There's a small lobby on the 4th level where they have free coffee and to go breakfast items (fruit and granola bars) in the morning. There's an attached restaurant called On My Way which also has a bar and is where breakfast is served.

Check In: I was helped by a very friendly agent who was also quite impressed with my base level Radisson Club status. She upgraded me to a junior suite and was extremely nice.

Room: The room was pretty small but worked fine. It had a really nice bathroom, small pull out couch with a TV and a bedroom area with desk and a separate TV. There were outlets near the bed and the Wifi worked well. There was also a small kitchen area with mini bar and a closet.

Dining: You get a discount at the restaurant (5% for Club, 10% for Silver, 15% for Gold and Platinum) and I had a perfectly fine dinner there. Prices were reasonable and the food was good.

For an evening arrival and morning departure from ARN this hotel was perfect. I was quite impressed.
swaigiux likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Air - Delta, SAS, JetBlue, Icelandair, Hotel - Radisson Platinum
Smile 2nd the recommendation for this hotel - location at ARN is really good

Followup with some additional information -
I have also stayed at this location on many occasions to make it easier to make a morning flight out of ARN.
Usually on a FRI night for a early morning SAT flight to get back to the States.
The upgraded business class rooms are very nice (which are the pictures from the original thread).
The gym in the hotel is nothing special and really needs a major refresh.
This is one of the few Radisson properties where I typically do get an upgrade.

Food choices for high quality restaurants at ARN are not that good - the hotel restaurant and the restaurant that is part of the Clarion Hotel are middle of the road (my view).
Word of warning - the walk from SkyCity to Terminal 2 (KLM, BA) is LONG - if you have a 6:30am flight make sure you leave yourself 15 minutes for the walk, almost was denied check in as the walk took longer and I was under the 1 hour check window.

While this thread is about the Radisson Blu Airport Terminal hotel - 2 other hotels are in the area.
Also in SkyCity is a relatively new Clarion Hotel, they have a nice gym and pool (open only summers), rooms are not as nice as the business class rooms.
Outside of the terminal buildings (requiring you to take one of the airport free buses) - is another Radisson called Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel.
Advantages of this Radisson -
OK gym, nice indoor heater pool open all year (you can swim laps here).
Most times I get an upgraded business class room - they are comfortable.
Price of room here can be significantly less than Clarion or Radisson in the terminal building - means that I have to stay here sometimes when the others fall outside of my travel allowance.
Disadvantages -
Have to use the airport bus to and from hotel and terminal building - bus only runs 15 to 20 minutes - not so good if you have a early am flight.
Hotel restaurant for evening dinner - leaves a lot to be desired - I would eat in the terminal building restaurants and than go check in for the evening.
Last - Looks like another new hotel is under construction at ARN - I believe it will be Comfort Inn - not sure if it will also be connected via a enclosed walkway to SkyCity.

Guess I spend too much time in ARN the past 2 years.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of this property staying in a Standard room (for the day only) is now available here: Hanoi and Hong Kong via QR and KA J featuring a Presidential Suite and CX F lounges
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I stayed at the hotel with the family a few weeks ago and most of the rooms have been mothballed, they only have a set of rooms (about 50) available for use on the level behind the checkin counter. Breakfast is offered in the Horizon bar in buffet form with some dishes served at the table. Breakfast for a family of four (2 adults + 2 below 17) was only 338SEK ^
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Thinking of staying here as a couple with a six year old child. Would be happy to have a standard size room sized for two adults — doesn’t need to be anything fancy. Spouse and I are used to sleeping in a small bed so could probably do two ordinary sized beds. Okay to book the standard room for around $140? Adding the child specifically to the booking restricts it to fancier rooms which hikes the price to $225-ish
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Book for two adults, you will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.