Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Member-Exclusive Event Nov 2019 (gift card/mileage deals)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

I just got an email, for the next two days and 13 hours (big countdown clock) you can save 15% when you redeem points on gift cards.

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE 15% ON GIFT CARDS

Gift card discounts will disappear soon: Redeem your points and get 15% back on Amazon.com®, Starbucks, Target gift cards and more. Offer ends November 6, 2019 so act now.
Supposedly in the next two weeks there will be other types of promotions. Week 2 shows a picture of an airplane, and week 3 shows a picture of a bed.

-J.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Even if the "sale" was for 50% off instead of 15% off, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd imagine the hotel redemptions in week 3 could have some value, but the gift card redemptions make no sense. If you're sitting on some orphan Radisson points, it might be worth getting rid of them, but that's probably the only reason to take advantage of this offer...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Tennen
Even if the "sale" was for 50% off instead of 15% off, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd imagine the hotel redemptions in week 3 could have some value, but the gift card redemptions make no sense. If you're sitting on some orphan Radisson points, it might be worth getting rid of them, but that's probably the only reason to take advantage of this offer...
I had the same thought. It's best to use the points for stays unless you're just trying to dump them.

-J.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Week 2 is 20% back on airline mile transfers. Even though it's still the first week lol.

This week's member-exclusive savings event is here! Right now through November 13, 2019, redeem your points and get 20% back on airline miles with over 35 different airline partners including United Airlines, Delta and Southwest.+
Unless you desperately need miles, it doesn't seem like a great deal. 2,000 RR points = 200 miles for most transfers, before you get 20% back so it's actually 1,600 RR points. Still doesn't seem so great.

-J.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Week 2 is 20% back on airline mile transfers. Even though it's still the first week lol.

Unless you desperately need miles, it doesn't seem like a great deal. 2,000 RR points = 200 miles for most transfers, before you get 20% back so it's actually 1,600 RR points. Still doesn't seem so great.

-J.
Yeah, I'm not sure why they even bothered with this promotion. I got excited when I received the first email, but these "sales" are clearly a waste of time. Since it was 15% off gift card redemptions and 20% off airline mile conversions, I'm hoping that the hotel redemptions will be at least 25% off. Now that's actually meaningful.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

-J.
It's actually a somewhat good deal if one is going to transfer points into UA's MP. As far as I know, RR is still giving a 50% bonus for transfers into UA's MP this month. And if you sign up for a promo with MP, they are giving a 30% bonus on hotel point transfers this month. So, my math calculates 390 UA MP miles (200 miles plus the 50% bonus, and a 30% bonus of that total amount) per 1,600 RR points (with the 20% rebate). Basically making it a 4:1 transfer ratio versus the normal 10:1 ratio.

edit: I went to the RR website for transfer redemptions. And it shows that for each 2K points redeemed, you will receive 300 UA miles (whereas the other airlines still show 200 miles per 2K RR points). So, it appears that the 50% bonus is still a thing this month.

Last edited by Fanjet; Nov 8, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Fanjet
It's actually a somewhat good deal if one is going to transfer points into UA's MP. As far as I know, RR is still giving a 50% bonus for transfers into UA's MP this month. And if you sign up for a promo with MP, they are giving a 30% bonus on hotel point transfers this month. So, my math calculates 390 UA MP miles (200 miles plus the 50% bonus, and a 30% bonus of that total amount) per 1,600 RR points (with the 20% rebate). Basically making it a 4:1 transfer ratio versus the normal 10:1 ratio.

edit: I went to the RR website for transfer redemptions. And it shows that for each 2K points redeemed, you will receive 300 UA miles (whereas the other airlines still show 200 miles per 2K RR points). So, it appears that the 50% bonus is still a thing this month.
Great! I will try this out. Even though poor redemption value, I still have some points I have not been able to use due to lack of properties (and also shift to Hyatt). Transfer to UA with dynamic pricing is not the best, but either way, poor value.

Next week there is a % off (or rebate) on hotel awards, I hope it includes summer 2020 travel globally.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Week 3: 20% off award nights

The promo is 20% back when you redeem points for hotel stays.

Your new member-exclusive offer is here! For 7-days only, redeem your points and get 20% back on Free Award Night redemptions — valid at any of our more than 1,100 Radisson Hotels properties worldwide.

Redeem your points by November 20, 2019, and stay November 22, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
Bolding is my own. Too bad it doesn't go through next summer.

-J.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
The promo is 20% back when you redeem points for hotel stays.

Bolding is my own. Too bad it doesn't go through next summer.

-J.
This is the only one worth doing.... had 4 nights NYC @70k per. So that I rebooked. That'll be a 56k rebate!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I don't have any trips booked, or plans to book a trip in the future, at the moment Too bad because this is actually a great opportunity.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.