Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Canaria properties?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Gran Canaria properties?

I'm going to Gran Canaria next March and I was wondering if any FTer had stayed in one of the Two Raddison Blus on the island and could report on them? I couldn't find anything in the forum archive.

Trip Advisor speaks highly of them apart from the food offered for the half board option which doesn't seem to be brilliant.

Neither are they particularly cheap but if they are worth a stay I will treat myself as this will be my first holiday after I retire.

Grateful for any insight if you have any.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Stayed at the Grand Canaria Radisson (original property, newer on is not on ocean/beach)) this past summer.

Paid I recall about $100/nt to upgrade from Club Carlson points studio to superior suite.

The accommodations were off the charts fantastic.

All rooms face the ocean--although the closer you are to the left of hotel (facing the ocean), the better the views will be.

Our view was magnificent.

HUGE living area and dining room with full kitchen, large bedroom and bathroom, and balcony the full length of the vast suite.

Supermarkets are walking distance, beach right next door.

Very good free breakfast for everyone. And good values for lunch or dinner.

LOVED LOVED LOVED this place (and there are very few Radissons I am even remotely interested in)!!!
Old May 5, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Thanks Travelexpert - I think I shall book...
Old May 8, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Melia Platinum, IB Gold, TAP Gold
Stayed at Radisson Gran Canaria 10 nights on points. Booked standard, upgraded to deluxe with jacuzzi on the terraza.

Arrived quite late, bar had closed the cash register, so the barman gave us a couple of beer on the house. Then the concierge noticed we were thirsty so he called out to us with a free bottle of bubbly.

Bar food was fine, didn't try the buffet, usually we went for dinner to a German restaurant nearby. Basically it's a very relaxing place. There's not a whole lot going on nearby though, don't go there for the nightlife.

We had a brilliant stay.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Anyone stay at the Radisson Blu Resort GC recently that can update on the property? Considering it for a couple of days in March 2020 and need to book soon to take advantage of the 20% award reduction promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.