Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stay was booked and paid for at a rate which is not entitled to earn Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Hello, I noticed that a recent lengthy stay at a Radisson Blu did not post points to my account. On enquiring I received the response that "the stay was booked and paid for at a rate which is not entitled to earn Points". The stay was negotiated and booked directly with the hotel at roughly $230 per night for 13 nights. Can anyone point me to the rules for this please as I can't find them even in the Radisson rewards terms and conditions.

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I can't really point you in the direction of T&Cs, but many individual hotels have been known to offer extended stay rates that exclude earning points. I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if the hotel neglected to mention absolutely every detail of the discounted rate they were offering you. Do you have an email trail, or was it done over the phone?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I can't really point you in the direction of T&Cs, but many individual hotels have been known to offer extended stay rates that exclude earning points. I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if the hotel neglected to mention absolutely every detail of the discounted rate they were offering you. Do you have an email trail, or was it done over the phone?
I have good news to report. I chased Radisson Rewards yesterday and as if by magic my account has been updated overnight to reflect an additional 13 nights and a stack of points. I did indeed have an email trail for the booking and nowhere in there was any mention of whether the rate was excluded from earning points.
SanDiego1K and christianj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.