Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Istanbul - which one?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Radisson Blu Istanbul - which one?

I'm planning a visit to Istanbul in March 2020 (our first visit to Turkey). Currently trying to decide which hotel to stay at. The three I'm looking at...

1. Radisson Blu Hitel, Istanbul Pera
2. Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
3. Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Sisli

We have enough points for any of the three. I assume that the rooms and facilities in any of these would be OK. We are interested in being in a good location - walkable to historic attractions, restaurants, shops, transit, etc. Views are always appreciated, though views from our room would be a lot more valuable to us than views from the hotel lobby or one corner of the hotel grounds.

The Pera location (#1) appears to be on an unremarkable street, near to (but not actually in) the old historic center. I don't have a clear sense of this neighborhood.

The Bosphorus location (#2) appears to offer sweeping views of the nearby bridge (at least from some spots where all the photos are taken), and although it's right on the banks of the river, I'm not sure if the neighborhood is good for tourists and walkable.

The Sisli location (#3) is substantially more expensive than the other two (that's not an issue for us). I assume that the location is in a more chic, upscale neighborhood (the hotel website seems focused on shopping opportunities), but is that location convenient for tourists who are not big shoppers, or only/mostly to shoppers? I've got nothing against shopping, but that's not why we're going to Istanbul.

We prefer to be in a place where we can step outside our hotel and find attractions, places to eat, etc., within a short walk (and I'd prefer not to be in some isolated location, removed from things, requiring a taxi to get anywhere). Extra luxury is always nice, of course, but location is usually more important for us.

Anyone here familiar with these properties, and which would you recommend?

Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.