Search

Rome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, BA, DL, UA, TK, SPG Gold
Rome

Hi all

Radisson has been our mainstay in Rome. We have been to Rome 4 times, in the last 6 years and the last 3 times have been in Radisson, and Comfort Bolivar on our first trip. We have always visited in December so crowds and heat have been relatively non-issue except on the 25th December. My main reasons for choosing Radisson were:

a) Access to Leonardo Express, Frecci and the buses - believe Route 70 begins and ends on Filipo Turati. The back entrance access to Termini from the back entrance of the Radisson.. can't beat that for convenience. Now you need a ticket to get back into the station. Think this changed happened in 2014 or 2015.
b) 2 for 1 on hotel points (not possible anymore)
c) Easier to lug bags rather than book 2 cabs for a family of four with bags to any other hotel.

I could revert back to Comfort Bolivar but my issue with Comfort Bolivar was that the rooms were a hit or miss and a bit old (Not sure if they have been upgraded) and it would take a cab ride from Termini to get to the hotel. What would alternate suggestions be for a winter stay? We are a family of four and per Rome standards would need to reserve two rooms.

thanks

Last edited by mullisingfb; Nov 1, 2019 at 9:58 am Reason: corrections in spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.