Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Lexington, (NYC Midtown East)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Radisson Lexington, (NYC Midtown East)

I'm seeing some very mixed reviews on this property. Anyone with recent experience and if you are Radisson elite, are they inclined to give upgrades?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 5:02 pm

Any reviews of this place? I have to stay there for 4 nights in March.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 7:28 pm

I stayed here last week on a $99 web rate (purchase within 14 days of stay). I got what I paid for , I guess. I have no status with Radisson and was told u/g was $200 a night. I got a room on the 3rd floor and it had definetly seen better days a long time ago. I can't comment on the upper floors but I hope they are better. I especially liked the domestic distrubance at 4 am. Someone had to slam their door 12-14 times while screaming at someone, brown water in the morning was another issue. The best thing about this hotel is if you exit Grand Central right (47th St.) you end up at the front door. The I/C Barclay is right across the street and a much better hotel (just okay). Even though I got some extra gold points from survey I filled out about my stay, I will not go back. I picked them because of the AA bonus and I thought I would give them a try. When I checked out I saw a list behind the desk that looked like the problems with the rooms. This was a long list! Granted some problems were minor like no internet but looked like I was not the only one with a water problem. There was no way that they were going to get to that list of problems in one day (couple of weeks, more like it).
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:55 pm

Terrific. Does anyone have a good experience?

[This message has been edited by FlyByMike (edited Feb 27, 2004).]
Old Feb 29, 2004, 11:39 pm

I stayed there about two years ago - when GoldPoints program made some noise, had some promo, and it was the worst Radisson property I've ever seen.
It was in a sorry state of disrepair (looks like it still is), everything was weared off and old - reminding me of NY rent-controlled apartment complex.
To be avoided till a major remodeling...
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Just to follow up, I stayed in late October. My room was small, but I didn't not any maintenance or housekeeping problems. Hotel rooms in Midtown East are generally not cheap and I would return to the Radisson Lexington if I got it at a decent rate (say, $140 or less). I didn't think it was dumpy, but I wouldn't say it was anything particularly special, either. Be advised that it can be difficult to check in before late afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.