Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targetted: Stay Twice, Earn 5k bonus AA miles and Elite Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus

I got a postcard in the mail.

"Earn 5000 AADvantage Miles when you stay two times at any Radisson hotel or resort in [.....] between Nov 15, 2003 and Feb 15, 2004. Plus you'll earn 12 miles per night up to 10 nights when you convert your GoldPoints earned with each stay to miles...

After your two stays we'll upgrade you to Elite Status in Radisson for 2004, a privilege usually reserved for members with more than 30 hotel nights. With Elite status you'll earn 250 miles per night up to 10 consecutive nights, an upgrade to the best available room upon check-in, and dedicated elite member services.

To participate, register now at http://aabonus.radisson.com

Of course, that site doesn't exist (not listed in the DNS).. I wonder if Radisson is borrowing from Starwood's pathetic IT department!

PS -- "The 5000 bonus mile offer is exclusive to recipients of this postcard" .. so looks like it's targetted!
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:10 pm

The site does exist. Just type www. before aabonus.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 11:13 pm

I got the card also today, and it does state, "THE 5,000 BONUS MILES OFFER IS EXCLUSIVE TO RECIPIENTS OF THIS POSTCARD AND FOR STAYS FROM 11/15/03-1/15/03"

It's look like Radisson is doing the same thing Hilton is doing, giving away Gold to get new members.

Hopefully this program is controlled better than the Hilton program which anyone having the promotion code could sign up for. I'm so annoyed at Hilton for it that I'm going to take Radisson up on their offer. After talking to Hilton CS, I knew for sure that they had no control on who got gold. Hopefully Radisson has a better control of their promotions.

I'm sure this is going to upset Elite members with Radisson that got Gold the hard way with 30 hotel nights stay but I'm upset with Hilton over their 'giveaway' of Gold, so join the club of upset members.

Old Nov 13, 2003, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Thanks for the tip. Note the postcard does not have www on it, or even the http:// part. Guess they assume my wife is going to register, since she adds www to everything (I don't)
Old Nov 13, 2003, 5:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

You wont have to worry about upsetting other members because nobody really cares.
I rarely use my elite status.
The program is not as benefit rich as the vast majority of other programs.
The value of Goldpoints was destroyed some time ago with poor if any communication.
They don't upgrade at the properties I have visited .There is no free breakfast and the 1000 points extra a night foe elites
amounts to almost nothing when you do the math.
Most hotels don't cooperate with the program(upgrades) except to issue points.
And the customer service regularly makes mistakes regarding terms and conditions.

Ok positives SAS Radisson in Europe
A good website and friendly customer service at Goldpoints
Customer Service at Goldpoints is different from Radisson customer service.
All positives IMO are lost with regard to the above concerns mentioned.
The program is simply without any great imagination or superior benefits.
The promotions (targeted) are the only high points.
The properties within the domestic US have huge consistency problems. Though with that said they are superior to Best Western.
Happy Promo trails !

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k
Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:43 pm

I did not get a post card, however my 10 year old daughter did!

ME- AAdvantage and Radisson
HER - AAdvantage

go figure
Old Nov 18, 2003, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Has anyone figured out whether you had to be targetted for the promo to work?
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AmericanFtWorthTX:
I got the card also today, and it does state, "THE 5,000 BONUS MILES OFFER IS EXCLUSIVE TO RECIPIENTS OF THIS POSTCARD AND FOR STAYS FROM 11/15/03-1/15/03"
</font>
I received this offer as well, although mine states this is for stays through 2/15/04.

As far as it being restricted, I did notice my AAdvantage number printed on the top of my address label. So Radisson may be checking against a target list when you register.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 8:48 am

SPSTX - You won't get this offer since you already have an account with Radisson. You're daughter doesn't but she shouldn't have unless she's an older teen. My 14 daughter just got an offer from Citibank for the AA Mastercard and 10,000 miles, she don't even work! We have the card so we didn't get the offer either.
Some years back when we made PLT with AA, wife got offer to join HH Hilton, 50,000 points and gold status, I didn't since I was a member. We used her account and then merged them.

THEO - Opps made a typo error, it is Feb 15, 2004. I did have to put my AAdvantage number when I registered, I think, can't recall.
CHRISNY2- the card dose say in the fine print, "The 5,000 bonus miles is exclusive to the recipients of this postcard and for stays from 11/15/03-2/14/04."

Regarding the www or http, you shouldn't have to, IE will know that it is www or http and do it for you.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 3:43 pm

After thinking about his promo, it is not as good as AA Sheraton which gives the same number of miles after one stay? Am I missing something?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 11:21 pm

You're right, the Sheraton offer of one stay and 5000 miles was much better but then you have to charge it to a Visa. Remember that promo is a Visa offer not a Sheraton. This one doesn't matter what charge card you use of even pay with cash, all you have to have is a Radisson gold points member. I plan to charge it with my AMEX to Hilton and get points for my HHonors program and AA miles after converting these gold points.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:45 am

Bump
Did anyone get the 5K for this offer?
Old Apr 9, 2004, 12:21 pm

Where is the 5K AA miles

I am, too, still waiting for the 5K bouns AA miles. Did receive the Elite package. However, not AA miles. Anyone got it?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:38 pm

Radisson 2 Stays 5000 Bonus

Yes, I got them about 2 weeks ago. They posted on my AAdvantage account as RADISSON 2 STAYS 5000 BONUS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.