Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Radisson is running behind other chains

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Why Radisson is running behind other chains

I have a customer service issue with Radisson that is now running on three weeks. Emails back and forth for something that should be routine: why their hotels won't accept one of Radisson's gift certificates.
You would think we were renogotiating the Warsaw convention.

I once liked this chain.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 1:43 pm

Have you talked to a supervisor in customer service? If they have not been able to help you, what about a manager? Customer Service can't force a hotel to accept a gift certificate if you are trying to book when the gift certificate rate is not available or if your reservation does not meet all terms of the gift certificate. It is pretty odd for a customer service issue with a hotel chain to linger on for 3 weeks unless there is more to the story...
Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:36 pm

Radisson once run a "triple points" promotion back in 12/2001.

I nver saw the extra points, even after calling in several times until mid-2002.

I finally give up. Not worth more time. I am still keeping all the paper work though, just in case I may have more time involuntarily.

Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Radisson customer service over the 1-800-333-3333 number can be exemplary. On the other hand, with emails I never get anywhere. I finally wrote a letter and cc'd half the company leadership to get results with an Edwardian property. So, I'd give up on email and call, or send a letter.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:10 am
Original Poster

What is a "gift certificate rate?" And what is meeting "all terms of gift certificate?"

The GC was issued by the GM of Radisson for one nights standard accomodations. There is no fine print at all about any blackout dates, use etc. Just says can't be redeemed for cash. It also says to present at checkin.
NOWHERE does it say to advise reservations when trying to use. But having been turned away, I have since called when I've wanted to use it and each time refused.

I have been told by individual hotels that when a hotel reaches a certain occupancy level, about 50-60%, they don't have to take it.

I also have not tried to use it at some fancy resort during a busy time or in a city with a major convention in town. In fact, the last time I had a reservation at a low rate i.e. cheap room in a suburban location and they wouldn't take it.

I understand capacity controls on frequent guest awards etc. but this is not that.

As for using the 800 number, I got nowhere with them.

Old Feb 12, 2004, 4:05 pm

Did you receive it from the GM of a Radisson property? Is it valid just for that hotel or for any Radisson hotel?
Any gift certificate that is valid for all Radisson hotels states that it is subject to availability.

You say you had no luck with the 800 number. Did you speak directly to Customer Service or to just someone making your reservations? If you did talk to Customer Service, did you speak with a Supervisor or Manager as suggested?
Or are you really just wanting to rant?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I love to rant but....

1. The gc was issued by the GM of Radisson from Radisson Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.
2. Good at any R in NA
3. Good for standard accomodations...present at checkin

There is NO mention at all of capacity control. The first time I tried to use it I showed up for my standard room and gave the GC and they gave it back. Had to call in advance to see if they'd take it.

Radisson customer service now tells me that it is good anywhere without capacity controls. That's what I thought all along. We'll see.

I posted here since there was frustration---and there seemed to be some sort of policy on gc's that Radisson says now doesn't exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.