Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? It is supposed to be right in Leicester Square in London. I have a few rooms booked for a night soon, wondering what the thoughts were on this property.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 6:43 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never stayed there as I was able to get an award stay at the Hilton Trafalgar nearby but the location is terrific. Lobby, etc is lovely. I hope the rooms/windows are soundproofed, though, as there is a lot of noise off the Square.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 4:08 pm

Sorry - have stayed at a few other Edwardians, but not that one specifically. Are you interested in just that one?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Kennilworth over Thanksgiving. During our visit, we looked at several other Edwardian hotels in London, including the one you're asking about. As mentioned earlier, the lobby was very nice, and the Edwardian properties seem to be a couple of steps above the typical Radisson US properties.

However, one caveat--if you think you have problems getting anywhere with Radisson US customer service when things go wrong in the US, just wait until you have a problem at an Edwardian. At the Kennilworth, the night manager tried to charge us nearly double the rate we reserved, and accused us of lying about our rate. We had to beg to get her to call the US reservations number, which confirmed that we were right. She then argued with US reservations and refused to believe them.

We had to deal with the issue from about 1 a.m.-2:30 a.m. the morning we were to check out. (Obviously I'm giving the Cliff's Notes version, but it was ridiculous.)

The hotel's response after Radisson US customer service forwarded our complaint--a future upgrade. (Radisson US says they're powerless to get Edwardian properties to do anything, as opposed to US properties they can tell to give a refund, a free night coupon, etc.) Only after I sent a letter with a copy of their 100% guarantee to the VP of Carlson who oversees the Edwardian properties and half the upper management did we get a refund of our one night, as they were obligated under their guarantee.

Of course, YMMV, but after seeing their customer service in (in)action, I'm hesitant to stay at another Edwardian property.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Just wanted to let those who may be interested know that this property was fabulous! It really is the best location around and worth every penny. Rooms were great, shower was amazing for England, and breakfast in the morning was excellent as well. As for the noise, we didn't seem to notice anything, but then it was after 4 am when we were heading to bed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.