Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments re. Gold Rewards for Inside Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2002, 6:20 am

Can't wait to read this review in the November issue!
Old Oct 18, 2002, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
No one has mentioned the mess from Gold Points placing miles in our accounts then taking them out months later. I used the May one time transfer to move the last of my points for 1500 Delta miles and later find that they deposited those then made 7 further transactions of deposits and withdrawals for up to 12,500 miles at a time. I have emailed for a total accounting (they said to call) I have left messages on the 800 number, there has been no reply. During the missing points mess from Valuemags and Hallmark.com, it took faxing the CEO of the company to finally get the points we paid for. After all this and the lower value of points, I will never again eat at Fridays, Stay at Radisson, or shop at Gold Points. Hello Hilton, Hello.
Judy A. Jones
Fort Myers FL
Old Oct 18, 2002, 5:49 pm
SST

And PUH-LEEEEZE don't write an article which says "Radisson has some supporters and some detractors", in an "even-handed" journalistic manner, because that's a total misrepresentation! Your response here should be clue enough as to how serious loyalty groupies feel: they shafted us!

The changes in their programs have led me to just skip looking at Radisson: even though I used to stay there roughly 12 times a year, and am allegedly a member of the elite tier (got my card in a nice box and everything), their revised program just pales compared to HHONORS, SPG, Marriott and Hyatt.

I'm *not* one of those who believes their US hotels are 'fine'. They're 'adequate'. Most Hyatts are nicer than the nearby Radisson (not always true, but hard to deny). This is true to a certain degree with the others listed above, with (IMHO only) the possible exception of Sheraton. (Perhaps my Sheratons were just tired; but I love the SPG program).

So when they devalued the program, hey, fine by me since it's their hotel, but I've looked elsewhere.

And those orphan points? The ones that posted too darned late for my May "flee while you still can!" act into AA miles? Well, they're still there, waiting for perhaps a stay in Europe at the fine SAS hotels again----- but I doubt it. I've been to Europe three times since they dropped the 8:1 ratio bomb, and have found Hilton just fine, thank you.

Anyway, "fair and balanced" on the reporting end would be a -gross disservice- to us the readers, if, as I suspect, this board is a fair cross section of your own readers.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I don't have a problem with Radisson. Or Gold Points.

I stay times 5-10 times a year, whenever there's a promo to be had (currently 10,000 American miles after 5 stays).

Sure, GoldPoints are most efficiently used for Free Hotel Nights. And THAT'S what I use 'em for.

As a Starwood Plat I focus on SPG, but Radisson Elite works for me, too.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by clublounger:
Sure, GoldPoints are most efficiently used for Free Hotel Nights.</font>
I'd say they're most efficiently used for free snacks at TGIF.

Anyhow, the programme is pathetic if you either live outside the USA or travel much outside the USA. Every other major hotel chain has dealt with making their loyalty programme available worldwide, just not Radisson.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 9:57 am
ALW

Can GP be used for free nights at Radisson outside North America? I'm confused about that.

andrew
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:12 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The verdict is in. If you're an IF print subscriber, you can see the Radisson review at http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/article.php?key=627

The review evaluated the program as if it had just come into existence this fall, and did not deduct any points for the fiasco last winter and spring. On that basis, the score is accurate, but FTers here will be surprised that said fiasco was not represented in the turkey awards at http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/article.php?key=601
Old Nov 8, 2002, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Just read the IF article and, with all due respect to our host, I truly have to question the objectivity of the article. This program simply does not stack up with the other available hotel programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.