Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your Goldpoints Account!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Check your Goldpoints Account!

Today Goldpoints took 500 SkyMiles back from a credit (2,000 GP to 500 SkyMiles) which was initiated May 29 and posted July 9.
Called GP and was told that it was a system glitch and the miles will be posted back in 2 weeks or so.
I asked: Did this happen to me? No, it happenend "all over the board".
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:29 am
BDL

Programs: Delta GM
Prior to reading your post, USAFAN, I was checking my BA Exec club balance on-line and notice over 5k points removed as of yesterday. Hmmm? My first reaction was to check my (now dormant) Goldpoints account since my latest transactions were to BA. I can't find a connection, but I'll repost if I discover anything more in this vein...
Old Jul 27, 2002, 7:19 am

I just checked, and noticed a similar problem with my AA account. A bunch of miles that had been transfered into my AA account from GoldPoints are now missing!
Old Jul 30, 2002, 2:46 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Same here, 1k miles missing from my BA account as of a few days ago.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Wow! It appears I am missing 39,500 miles from my AA account! AA on-line statements only go back to February. My February statement contains the GoldPoints transactions that posted in late December and another statement contains the GoldPoints that posted later.

I redeemed a total of 358,000 GoldPoints (my GP account says this), all at the 4:1 ratio and all to AA. If I am doing my math correctly, I should have seen 89,500 AA miles. I know they were there before....now I can only find 50,000 miles! I don't believe this!

Has anyone contacted their airline program to see if they can confirm that GoldPoints has removed postings?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
Has anyone contacted their airline program to see if they can confirm that GoldPoints has removed postings?</font>
I had some miles removed from my Delta account. When I asked Delta for an explanation, I was told that Radisson had removed them due to an errror and I should contact Radisson. No response yet from GoldPoints.

Edited to add: Upon further review of my DL account it appears that my deduction may have been done to correct a double posting of a GoldPoints transfer. Nonetheless, it is a bit troublesome that a partner can take back miles after they have already hit your FF account without any sort of notification or explanation.

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 07-30-2002).]
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:46 pm
Suspended

How can you tell miles are missing??
Does it show up as a deduction on say your aa.com statement?? or did you just notice an
unusual change in your totals.
I looked at mine and I cannot tell ( I am not sure how much I even got)

Mike
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Ya' gotta love GoldPoints. You'd think they would have learned their lesson and just left bad enough, alone.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 4:59 pm

I also know that Radisson has recalled some of the GoldPoint conversion transfers due to an accounting issue. I dont know what it is. Has anyone contacted GoldPoint Customer Service for an explanation in their individual account?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I went thru AA's auto-inquiry system to check my account for specific Radisson hotel postings. (Even though they are GoldPoints postings, they appear as Radisson - Goldpoints on the on-line statements.) In the auto-inquiry system I checked for specific dates when I thought Radisson/GoldPoints postings had appeared. Sure enough, there were separate postings the last five days of 2001, none of which appeared on my on-line statement. I could not determine how many points they were for, since all reflected the 500 bonus points that everyone was getting for each GP transfer. I called AAdvantage Customer Service and the rep. walked me thru my Radisson postings. She could see the five postings which totaled the 39,500 miles I am out. However, those transactions do not appear to be in my total mileage balance. The rep. could not identify any notes or debits to the account, but it seems clear to me that they are missing. Not sure why the AA system the reps. use still show them as being present. GoldPoints gets a call tomorrow. Here we go again!
Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:37 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
My AA's are all intact, but maybe they will get to me yet.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:30 pm

So far all my United miles are still there. And the few remaining points in my Goldpoints account are still there. I did a transfer at the end of April and one last one at the end of May both at the 4:1 rate. I don't know if transfer dates had any effect on them being removed from people's accounts.
Has anyone had miles removed from a United mileage plus account?
Old Jul 31, 2002, 5:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iflyual:
Has anyone had miles removed from a United mileage plus account?</font>
Yes, the miles that were removed were "extra" miles that were due to a duplicate mileage posting credit from Goldpoints - this apparently happened to ALOT of frequent flyer accounts and not just to UA. These "extra" miles were in the UA account for perhaps a week or two until they were removed last week (what's odd is there is absolutely no indication in the Mileage Plus account history that shows the double posting or the mileage removal - it's like it never happened). Be aware that no LEGITIMATE miles were removed.

[This message has been edited by yanxfann (edited 07-31-2002).]
Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
From GoldPoints:

"Miles recently posted to some of the airlines that are partners of Radisson contained an error. In order to make a correction, it was necessary to remove all files transmitted on certain dates in early
July. Unfortunately this removal affected miles that did not contain this error. Radisson expects the miles to be restored within two weeks."
Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Well, the mystery really deepens! For one thing, my last GoldPoints mileage transfer was at the end of March, not July. I was never the recipient of any "mistake" miles as is described in other threads. Everything GoldPoints posted was what was due to me. It took them quite awhile, but they came thru.

The miles that appear to be missing from my AA on-line statement are actually 41,500, all from GoldPoints postings that had previously posted with dates of 12/27-12/31. Further, I have now verified with 3 separate AAdvantage reps that the postings do indeed appear in the AAdvantage system they use to look up account information. This system is apparently separate from what appears on-line. What troubles me is that the on-line system and the "official" system both reflect the same balance total, but it seems clear that the missing miles are not part of that balance total. One of the reps. was able to do a side-by-side comparison and saw what I claimed was missing and could not understand how the miles could be posted but not appear in the balance total. All three reps did not see any debits to the account or any notes indicating miles were removed. The last rep I spoke with has put in a request to print my AA mileage statements going back to November. This should allow me to see my balance prior to December 25, when my Radisson postings began, and all transactions since, and allow reconciliation to official and on-line balances. Of course, those statements won't appear in my snail box for a week or two, possibly more. Why, after all this, do I feel that in the end it will turn out to be a GoldPoints problem and not an AA problem? I've learned one thing from this already....I'm printing every single FF program statement each month!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.