Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Work Hard, Play Hard - 1st August to 31st October promotion, double/tripple points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Work Hard, Play Hard - 1st August to 31st October promotion, double/tripple points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

Just in time for the start of the month, though a little late for some of us booking our August stays, Club Carlson have just launched their ~Q3 promotion: Work Hard, Play Hard

From August 1 through October 31, 2016, you can earn Double Gold Points on weekdays or Triple Gold Points on weekends.
  • Check in Sunday through Thursday = DOUBLE Gold Points
  • Check in Friday or Saturday = TRIPLE Gold Points
  • Book on our mobile app = 1,000 extra points per Eligible Stay

Hotels in the middle east use Double Points for stays arriving on Saturday through Wednesday, and Triple Points for arrivals on Thursday or Friday.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
From the TOC of the promo, it appears that stays booked before today (for staying between 8/1-10/31) also qualify for the double/triple promotion
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Yup, their reply on Twitter seems to indicate it too!!

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
checkin vs stay dates?

A bit confused by the check-in vs actual stay dates... For example, let's say I check in on Monday and check out the following Monday, will this 7-night stay earn

1) double points since I checked in on Monday
or
2) weekday nights double points and weekend night triple points?

If 1) is true, will it help if I break up the reservation into two, Mon-Fri and then Fri-Mon?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:49 am

I think its 1)

It appears that you can break it up (nothing against this in the T&C). But you cannot earn multiple 1,000 App points by breaking it up (the fact that they mention this is positive for the double/triple promo)

Originally Posted by Promo T&C
Bonus Mobile App Gold Points not valid for individual bookings made for consecutive nights at the same hotel.
It would be nice if it was 2), as I have a Tues-Sun stay, but its already gotten a BRG and the prices have shot up since
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
but its already gotten a BRG and the prices have shot up since
Thanks for the input! Btw, how did you manage to BRG Club Carlson?? I have never had any success (haven't even attempted/bothered just looking at their T&C and the BRG process). Instead, I just contacted the hotels directly and they matched the lower prices cheerfully
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Thanks for the input! Btw, how did you manage to BRG Club Carlson?? I have never had any success (haven't even attempted/bothered just looking at their T&C and the BRG process). Instead, I just contacted the hotels directly and they matched the lower prices cheerfully
I have gone a perfect record, 5/5

3x at the same property in Orlando and then 2x at the Radisson in Kalamazoo. Most of the time I will put in something like "its quicker and less work to approve this now, rather than play email tennis resulting in the same outcome"

Just make sure that everything matches and you have screenshots for all. The most recent BRG for the Orlando property (booked a few weeks ago, staying in October) had the same price across hotels.com, Expedia and a couple of other sites, so it was a no-brainer.

Contacting the hotel to match the price is a pretty safe way of doing it, I have never attempted it (I do like the additional 25% off the "matched" price )
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:09 am

Double points from the promo posted overnight from a stay last week. The booking was made before registering for the promo.
Double points included F&b. Did not get points for booking with mobile app though.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by ConradS
Double points from the promo posted overnight from a stay last week. The booking was made before registering for the promo.
Double points included F&b. Did not get points for booking with mobile app though.
Great that they posted!! You should not get 1000 app bonus points according to the T&C of the promo, as it states that the stay must be booked and completed within the promo period
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Registered. Cheers Gagravarr!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Even if you're just on a reward stay, it's worth registering. I had a points/reward stay last weekend, and charged a dinner to the room. Posted today with the usual few hundred "Food and Beverage Points" from that, but also a few thousand under "Promotion Points - Work Hard Play Hard". Not sure if that's supposed to happen (I suspect not), but seems to be a nice bonus
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Is there a limit to how many points can you earn. Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:27 am

50K with the double/triple part
Unlimited with the app part
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Do this work retroactively? I had a stay in early August but just registered today. I didn't see anything in the T&Cs that confirms one way or the other.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:49 am

Register then stay imo. But update if you do get the points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.