FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Work Hard, Play Hard - 1st August to 31st October promotion, double/tripple points
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:39 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Thanks for the input! Btw, how did you manage to BRG Club Carlson?? I have never had any success (haven't even attempted/bothered just looking at their T&C and the BRG process). Instead, I just contacted the hotels directly and they matched the lower prices cheerfully
I have gone a perfect record, 5/5

3x at the same property in Orlando and then 2x at the Radisson in Kalamazoo. Most of the time I will put in something like "its quicker and less work to approve this now, rather than play email tennis resulting in the same outcome"

Just make sure that everything matches and you have screenshots for all. The most recent BRG for the Orlando property (booked a few weeks ago, staying in October) had the same price across hotels.com, Expedia and a couple of other sites, so it was a no-brainer.

Contacting the hotel to match the price is a pretty safe way of doing it, I have never attempted it (I do like the additional 25% off the "matched" price )