Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus point posting time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
Bonus point posting time

Just decided to take a trip to London at the end of October. If I get the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa and make the spend almost immediately I should have enough points for a 2 day stay, or 3 with the third night free. My question, what's your experience with how fast the points post? Will the points post in time to use them. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
After almost a month I have the answer to my question, so hopefully someone else will benefit also. I got a Club Carlson Visa last month as I decided to make a semi last minute trip to London at the end of October. Quickly made the spend and then waited. Calling US Bank I learned the Club Carlson Visas close the middle or the end of the month. Mine closes between the 17th and the 20th of each month. Of course, it closed on the 20th. Looking at CC T&C they state points will transfer 6 - 8 weeks after posting, but I knew that almost all programs say that even when points post much faster. And this morning 100,000 points were in my account and another 100,000 in my wife's. So it appears, in this case at least, that points transfer in approximately 48 hours.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Mostly 3 to 6 days for me (looking at last 30 reseverations)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.