Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by EyeBurn
This past weekend, I made good use of my Club Clarson visa 2nd night free privilege at the radisson blu bangkok.

Hotel is new & luxurious. As a CC gold, I was upgraded to a grand deluxe room. The hotel was also having a spectacular breakfast buffet promo. "Buy 1 Get 1 free". For 650THB++, 2 people could eat! Incredible value. The "super breakfast" was awesome.

Banana smoothies, Young coconut juice, sushi, iberian ham, dim sum, eggs, noodles, peeled lychees!
Did you get lounge access?

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've had a couple of recent 2 night award stays, here's a review of one that ended yesterday.

Checked in at 1PM, upgraded to grand deluxe room xx10. After a series of hassles the Desk Manager further upgraded me to an exec floor corner suite. I did not inquire about lounge access or breakfast as I didn't actually plan on being there much and it wasn't offered. I also thought the second upgrade was quite generous and unnecessary. And finally I seem to recall that, unlike many other chains, Club Carlson doesn't guarantee club floor benefits for upgrades.

The room is laid out well and was much more comfortable than the suites I had at Doubletree and Hilton Soi 24 in the preceding nights.

But there were oddities. The wet bar LCDs and the living room 'chandelier' couldn't be turned off. Coincidentally there were two light switches that did nothing but make clicking sounds.

The capsule coffee maker was of shoddy quality and jams easily which then results in coffee water running through the inside of the machine and flooding the counter.

There is a hallway off the left after the half bathroom upon entry which contains a suitcase bench, the closet, a 'makeup' alcove and finally the generously sized bathroom. The ceiling light proximal to the closet is blocked by the door holding the safe. The only way to see in this side is by using the conveniently handy flashlight. The 'makeup' alcove has absolutely no light. There is a series of 3 dummy switches on the wall but no fixtures in the vicinity. Odd. And entirely useless.

There are two thermostat controls adjacent to the ghost light switches in the living area, one controlling the living room and the other the bedroom/bathroom. At one point it was quite cold and I raised the temp from 20 to 22. A few hours later the thermostat had decreased to 18. Guess it was better than my first room where the temp was set to 18 and in 5 hour never got below a sticky 24.

On Sunday night, the second of my two, there was an intense storm that lasted several hours. At one point we lost power and every light in the suite turned on when the power came back. At the junction of the building exterior and the wall that separates the suite's rooms there was a river of water that was clearly audible. It could have easily been an exterior drainage conduit but that was the exact same place where a ceiling leak developed splashing onto the desk a few feet from my charging computer. Thankfully both charger and computer are not damaged. I can't say the same for the Rad Blu info book and the yellow pages (yes, there was a yellow pages) on the desk.

Beware the xx13 suite.

Oh, and there's an awesome balcony at the end of the hallway but the doors were locked.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I just stayed here for four nights in a business class room. No upgrade despite being Silver Elite, but no worries, since the room was great. Fantastic bathroom. The Business Class Lounge is fantastic (afternoon tea 1400-1600) and then evening snacks from 1800; good spread on both occasions. Buffet breakfast was excellent also.

One downside is that the wifi makes you log in each time you turn on your device or return to the hotel.

The hotel is in a great area on Sukhumvit: Asok skytrain station is close as is a Starbucks!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
I just finished a stay here and wrote a trip report about it. Summary: Stayed 4 award nights, got an upgrade (CC Gold) to a higher floor. No breakfast despite asking. Great location. Excellent hotel.

If you want to see pictures, here's the my full review
http://focusedflyer.com/2015/06/23/r...plaza-bangkok/
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:14 pm

Stayed at a couple of Radisson properties on my last trip to Bangkok.

Radisson suites is a really nice property. The only issue with it is that it is actually a decent hike (400M) in an alley from the hotel to the main street. The alley does not have a real sidewalk and is full of fast driving cars and scooters, which makes it actually pretty dangerous. As a CC gold, we received an upgrade to a junior suite. However, we did not get free breakfast and had to pay. The breakfast was OK, but since food is cheap in Bangkok, why would you pay 10USD per person for a breakfast buffet when you can go to a mall food court, get authentic Thai food and eat there for less than half the price??? When I say mall food court, I don't mean like US mall food court... Thai food courts are generally pretty clean and sanitary.

We also stayed at Park Plaza Sukhumvit which is not as nice as Radisson Suites, but is in a much better location with Terminal 21 shopping mall and Soi Cowboy being adjacent to it.

We were going to stay at the RADISSON BLU, however, my reservation was unexpectedly canceled by CC for no reason. The worst part was that my reservation still showed up on my account as confirmed... so I had no idea until I arrived and I was informed that all the rooms are full....

Club Carlson really dropped the ball on this..... After complaining, I only received 38000 pts back.... I had to use 28000 pts to get one night at the Park Plaza and had to use Pts and Cash for the second night.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:34 pm

Booked 4 nights (for November) at this Hotel before the Buy one get one free credit card offer ended. Anyone had any issues at the hotel using cash for the fifth night (the one between the 4 award/free nights). thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:44 pm

I'm staying in BKK in early-mid Feb 2017, trying to decide between this property and the Hilton Sukhumvit. I'm a Hilton Diamond, CC Gold. The Hilton will give me lounge privileges and free breakfast, but I really don't know when else I'll use my CC points. How do the properties compare (specifically room size)? Does the Blu give breakfast?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: UA/AA
I can't answer regarding the room size at the Hilton but I do know that there is no breakfast given to CC Gold at the Blu in Bangkok.
They do offer you the option to purchase if you want it.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm staying in BKK in early-mid Feb 2017, trying to decide between this property and the Hilton Sukhumvit. I'm a Hilton Diamond, CC Gold. The Hilton will give me lounge privileges and free breakfast, but I really don't know when else I'll use my CC points. How do the properties compare (specifically room size)? Does the Blu give breakfast?
The room sizes are comparable. I only had breakfast at the lounge at the Hilton. I found the Blu restaurant breakfast to be much better. Also I think the Blu's location is a little better. I'm in the same boat with CC points to burn and the Blu is a reasonable choice. I've stayed at the Blu 4 or 5 times and I've been given breakfast once, maybe twice, as a Gold. I don't recall the exact price to pay for breakfast but it was reasonable.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:40 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Any recent experiences with the lounge, worth paying for the biz class room with lounge access (breakfast and few cocktails..) as I read no chance to get it as a Gold.

Another option for me is the Hilton where I know what I will get but would prefer the location of the RB.

Thanks,
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by xcalibir
We were going to stay at the RADISSON BLU, however, my reservation was unexpectedly canceled by CC for no reason. The worst part was that my reservation still showed up on my account as confirmed... so I had no idea until I arrived and I was informed that all the rooms are full....

Club Carlson really dropped the ball on this..... After complaining, I only received 38000 pts back.... I had to use 28000 pts to get one night at the Park Plaza and had to use Pts and Cash for the second night.
Really? Fully booked?

I don't believe it for a second that Club Carlson dropped/canceled your reservation ... it's the property that did that. It shows their real commitment (or lack of) to their loyal Gold members especially when using CC points redemption!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was thinking about my trip to Asia last March and really felt compelled to post something here about the breakfast at the Radisson Blu. Funny that someone was asking about it. I was booked on points and upgraded at check-in, which gave me lounge privilege and free breakfast (I don't think it was included, but am I glad I took advantage). Whoever the F&B manager is needs a huge raise or something. I had one of the best breakfasts from a hotel stay at this location. Even the breakfast at the Conrad Koh Samui paled in comparison. They had so much on offer that I was sad I had to leave.

The location is great, no complaints, except that if you arrive during rush hour like I did... be prepared for traffic. Not LA traffic. This is just insane "we've been standing still for fifteen minutes" traffic. Anyway, the rooms were nice enough - I did notice the doors were rather heavy and had gaps on the lower edge, but it was quiet in the room regardless. The pool area was nice and overlooked the city. The building next door seemed to be permanently under construction and was a bit of an eyesore, but... Overall a decent stay. I'd go back.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
I was thinking about my trip to Asia last March and really felt compelled to post something here about the breakfast at the Radisson Blu. Funny that someone was asking about it. I was booked on points and upgraded at check-in, which gave me lounge privilege and free breakfast (I don't think it was included, but am I glad I took advantage). Whoever the F&B manager is needs a huge raise or something. I had one of the best breakfasts from a hotel stay at this location. Even the breakfast at the Conrad Koh Samui paled in comparison. They had so much on offer that I was sad I had to leave.

The location is great, no complaints, except that if you arrive during rush hour like I did... be prepared for traffic. Not LA traffic. This is just insane "we've been standing still for fifteen minutes" traffic. Anyway, the rooms were nice enough - I did notice the doors were rather heavy and had gaps on the lower edge, but it was quiet in the room regardless. The pool area was nice and overlooked the city. The building next door seemed to be permanently under construction and was a bit of an eyesore, but... Overall a decent stay. I'd go back.
Are you CC Gold or Concierge? So you ate breakfast at the restaurant and you weren't charged at check-out?

TIA!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Are you CC Gold or Concierge? So you ate breakfast at the restaurant and you weren't charged at check-out?

TIA!
Gold. I'm not sure if it was included. Note that I mentioned I upgraded at check-in (paid). Regardless, it was fabulous.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Gold. I'm not sure if it was included. Note that I mentioned I upgraded at check-in (paid). Regardless, it was fabulous.
I didn't see that you said you paid to upgrade (thought the hotel was so nice to upgrade you gratis) - I think business class room includes breakfast as a default (that explains the huge difference between standard and premium award). How much did you pay?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.