FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu Bangkok
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:02 pm
hyperzulu

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm staying in BKK in early-mid Feb 2017, trying to decide between this property and the Hilton Sukhumvit. I'm a Hilton Diamond, CC Gold. The Hilton will give me lounge privileges and free breakfast, but I really don't know when else I'll use my CC points. How do the properties compare (specifically room size)? Does the Blu give breakfast?
I was thinking about my trip to Asia last March and really felt compelled to post something here about the breakfast at the Radisson Blu. Funny that someone was asking about it. I was booked on points and upgraded at check-in, which gave me lounge privilege and free breakfast (I don't think it was included, but am I glad I took advantage). Whoever the F&B manager is needs a huge raise or something. I had one of the best breakfasts from a hotel stay at this location. Even the breakfast at the Conrad Koh Samui paled in comparison. They had so much on offer that I was sad I had to leave.

The location is great, no complaints, except that if you arrive during rush hour like I did... be prepared for traffic. Not LA traffic. This is just insane "we've been standing still for fifteen minutes" traffic. Anyway, the rooms were nice enough - I did notice the doors were rather heavy and had gaps on the lower edge, but it was quiet in the room regardless. The pool area was nice and overlooked the city. The building next door seemed to be permanently under construction and was a bit of an eyesore, but... Overall a decent stay. I'd go back.