Wiki Posts
Search

CC Walked policy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
CC Walked policy?

I've searched here and on the CC website but I can't find any info: What is CC's policy on walking a guest? Different with different status? Compensation? Experiences with being walked? Does it vary by locale?

I have not been walked but I am looking at some stays at some reals busy times and think it would be beneficial to know how CC walks someone (just in case ).

Cheers -
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by thegrailer
I've searched here and on the CC website but I can't find any info: What is CC's policy on walking a guest? Different with different status? Compensation? Experiences with being walked? Does it vary by locale?

I have not been walked but I am looking at some stays at some reals busy times and think it would be beneficial to know how CC walks someone (just in case ).

Cheers -
I don't think there is a Policy...but the hotel would teach their managers are standard they would have to offer
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer

Cheers -
What does walking a guest mean?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by windcloud5
What does walking a guest mean?
It's when the hotel is overbooked, there are no available rooms and a guest has to be "walked" to another hotel.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
It's when the hotel is overbooked, there are no available rooms and a guest has to be "walked" to another hotel.
Most hotels around an airport would overbook as it's common that they will have cancellations last minute due to delayed flights
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any updates here? I'm checking in soon in a completely overwhelmed city with oversold properties everywhere. I would be very interested to hear what my rights are.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by remymartin
Any updates here? I'm checking in soon in a completely overwhelmed city with oversold properties everywhere. I would be very interested to hear what my rights are.
Hotel chains will usually provide accommodation at a comparable hotel nearby and obviously pay for transportation to that hotel if required.

Most hotels have a policy to comp. the first night of the stay, and some will properties will offer additional compensation (such as points, free dinner, free night cert) beyond that, but it very much depends on the hotel manager.

However, I wouldn't worry about overbookings. It's very unlikely a hotel will walk a guest with Gold status.

Hotels will usually walk guests who:

1) are only staying for one night
2) booked via a third-party website such as Priceline
3) have no status
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Hotel chains will usually provide accommodation at a comparable hotel nearby and obviously pay for transportation to that hotel if required.

Most hotels have a policy to comp. the first night of the stay, and some will properties will offer additional compensation (such as points, free dinner, free night cert) beyond that, but it very much depends on the hotel manager.

However, I wouldn't worry about overbookings. It's very unlikely a hotel will walk a guest with Gold status.

3) have no status
Indeed, but as you might know e.g. the Starwood forum has its own Platinum walk policy written up and it would be interesting to get information on:
a) what sort of night/stay credit one would get
b) compensation, if the property can be seen as below in quality or location

FWIW I wasn't walked
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I wouldn't worry about overbookings. It's very unlikely a hotel will walk a guest with Gold status.

3) have no status
Indeed but on those nights they might have to put their most valued guests in the presidential suite
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
On my way from the airport I got a call from James the receptionist at the Park Inn in Belfast to say that my bathroom was flooded, the hotel was full and would I mind staying in the nearby Radisson Blu in a suite.

It would have been very churlish to refuse... ;0)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.