Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Park Plaza Bloomington MN (near S burb of Minneapolis)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:55 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akp
The just off highway location is something I would normally avoid if not for the promo.
to preface I was dead tired when I went to sleep, but I did have a room facing the front parking lot. I don't recall hearing any traffic noise as the property is set back from the frontage road along 494^

There were also a gazillion kids running around the night I stayed, having the bed furthest away from the entrance door of the room also helped with the noise factor as I didn't hear any kids/running, etc.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I stayed July 18. I had a late flight, and had noticed they were sold out online, so called to make sure they held a room for me.

Checkin was quick and easy at 12:30am. I got upgraded to a suite and they mentioned it was a stay partially paid with points.

The building itself is definitely '70s. A few scuff marks on the coffee table, the desk in the living room was small. There was a 29" tube TV in both living room and bedroom, with a sufficient number of channels. The couch and chair in the living room were comfortable. Wifi was good. Fridge/micro were included.

The king bed was extremely comfortable, and I slept very well. Strangely, the bed was made up without a fitted sheet, so it was a bit loose, but didn't pull our too far.

Bathroom was fine, typical equipment, and soap/shampoo/conditioner.

There is a small bar on the main floor, a few regulars there even late at night. The restaurant was not open when I checked out at noon - unclear when it is actually open.

Free newspapers at the desk. There is a nice looking indoor pool and a reasonable exercise room.

When I was leaving, saw two separate corporate groups having meetings in the medium sized conference rooms. Lots of them were outside the backdoor smoking, too, I noticed, just as others here have.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay, nice quiet room with comfortable bed. A bit dated, a bit nicked and worn in occasional spots, but a reasonable place to stay if you can get a good price, say $70 or less.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One other interesting bit: a small group rents out that conference room by the back door for Sunday worship service. We were checking out of the hotel as the congregation was meandering in. Two little old ladies sitting by the door invited us to join them. (In a sweet, polite way...not an exuberantly evangelical way. )

Given the average age of the attendees that I observed, I had to wonder if they were the last of a declining congregation that had once been in their own church. I definitely felt conflicting feelings of joy and sadness at the scene...
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Checked out of my C+P stay here and concur with the previous reviews, an older property that is showing age but nothing functionally wrong with the place. Check in did not have any paperwork for me to do the normal rate and smoking policy initials which I found a bit discomforting, I did verbally confirm though. No folio under the door in the morning either. The trip to the front desk did let me grab a copy of the full Sunday Star-Tribune, coupons and ads included. I have never seen this at a hotel before but it added just a little more value to the stay. ^

As a local (east metro anyway) I thought I would be able to locate the hotel after a brief glance at Google maps, I did have to make a few loops before finding it. It is the driveway just west(away from France) of the CBRE tower marked no outlet.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I was in Minneapolis this week and stay here 1 night to grab the points.
I think there are many better options in the area, probably won't stay here except for specific promo like that.
Had a room in the 2nd floor, there was just a 2 foot window (that doesn't open) on the top of the wall (because of adjacent building), room is old style (definitely need refreshment) with old scent, old tube tv... Bathroom was ok except they could maybe add another soap and body lotion. Bed is ok, wi-fi works well.
The noise don't come from the highway but from the corridor and adjacent rooms...
Breakfast was overpriced and not specially excellent (they should let a buffet the whole week not just week end).
For a 110$ AAA rate, I would have find that expensive if there weren't the 50k pts...
Good point however, staff is nice and friendly...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed stay this past weekend, two nights, one for me and SO. I did use the shuttle and it is very well run, pick on demand at MSP, called upon landing and by the time I was at shuttle center it was waiting for me, used it to MallofA and it was also good.

Full review and photos on tripadvisor.

No upgrade due to sell out b/c wedding, and shuttle driver told me that from spring to autumn, every weekend it sells out due to weddings, I did see during day wedding planner giving tours, so I guess this is a big deal here. He also told me that during week busy shuttling people back and forth to MSP because heavy on conferences.

I did get welcome amenity of three delicious home baked cookies and some inedible grapes (maybe grown in parking lot with kitchen compost??). These were waiting in my room and was able to ask at check in for two free breakfast coupons, full breakfast (which was just ok).

Very bad coffee, but since this is the norm at most hotels, I bring my own starbucks.

Very fast wifi, and free!

PS - EACH night C&P, $60+5K,

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Aug 15, 2012 at 7:04 am
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
to preface I was dead tired when I went to sleep, but I did have a room facing the front parking lot. I don't recall hearing any traffic noise as the property is set back from the frontage road along 494^

There were also a gazillion kids running around the night I stayed, having the bed furthest away from the entrance door of the room also helped with the noise factor as I didn't hear any kids/running, etc.
No noise for me, and I was near elevator.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
PS - both nights C&P, $60+5K,
They sometimes seem to bill two room rates and two taxes for a given room night when it comes to cash and point reservations. Did you see a bill for $8.00 higher than you anticipated on those nights?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They sometimes seem to bill two room rates and two taxes for a given room night when it comes to cash and point reservations. Did you see a bill for $8.00 higher than you anticipated on those nights?
I edited my post to state EACH night ~$60+5K, and to be exact, the pretax portion was ~$50 plus 7% occupancy tax $4 and state tax $4, so around $8 in taxes for the cash portion
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:32 pm
Suspended

I did it for the points. It was work. I mean - the room was clean and the staff was very nice, but this place is just too old. It may even have ghosts. It has that "worn out" feeling all over the hotel.

Seriously though - the ONLY thing breathing life into this place is the fact that they have the free shuttle. That's it. The pics on the website are accurate but.....let's just say you have to be there...

I felt so bad for the bartender guy - - he was also the room service guy - - and possibly the cook!!?? They are really stretching it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could stay here again unless it was another promo. I was actually going to grab a bite to eat at the bar, but when I saw how they ran this guy ragged I knew I would probably not get good service (no fault of the employee).

If you are there and you need to eat, go across the highway to the Hilton. They have a chop house at the hotel, and it is a happening place. Crowded, and has a good vibe.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Will be staying here tomorrow. I'm CC Gold, called Ahead and was upgraded over the phone! Looking forward to my stay
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:54 pm

Checked in 15 minutes ago, was upgraded to the two room suite on the 7th floor. Three cookies and grapes in the fridge. That is the highlight. Not even a bottle of water. Was not verbally recognized for being gold just a "you've been upgraded"... If I didn't pay $70, get a two room suite upgrade, have a 50k point bonus, and fly here on free vouchers, I would be complaining

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Aug 22, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:10 pm
Suspended

You got cookies and grapes?! You must be held in high regard! They kept me waiting for 1/2 hour for the "welcome gift." At one point I wanted to take a nap and I called the front desk to ask what the heck it was. I was told, "the kitchen is preparing it..." So I waited in high expectations....and finally - it came...
a bowl of mixed nuts.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:45 am

Lol!!! Woke up today to find a huge rip in the sheets. Classy
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: United GS, AA Platinum, CO Platinum
Can anyone check me in at this location? Kindly PM me. Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.