Wiki Posts
Search

2-for-1 and 4-for-2 Gold elite rates EMEA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by macaron95
well i used to be the marketing manager of a famous international hotel brand

when the head office decides to release a promo, it's really ridiculous if hotels decide on their own not to participate to it
It's probably a good thing you are doing something different now :-).

The 2for1, 4for1 (and F&F) rates are not really one off promotions, they are simply continuous discounted rates for specific targeted audiences and are primarily to fill rooms that have a low demand, e.g. during the weekends in more business oriented hotels.

So it's quite understandable that the hotels themselves are able to set availability. There probably is something like a minimum participation but who's to know really. I know that most hotels do have them quite regularly.
And when you can get them they are a really good deal...... is the sense of entitlement here become so great that we are now demanding these discounts instead of being grateful when they are offered?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
like for most other brands, 241 is usually unavailable in city hotels

but no problem for remote / airport hotels...
i don't think that is the case at all, except maybe for very busy cities, like paris or london. right now i have either used or booked 2-4-1 and 4-4-2 rates in utrecht, prague, sofia, budapest, helsinki, oslo, tallinn, riga, warsaw and birmingahm, all of these very central hotels. i concur with post above, i think we are taking these for granted, which shouldn't be the case. still, planning a few months ahead you should get plenty of options in every city.

just did a quick research and you still can get 4-4-2 rooms for early july in oslo, stockholm, copenhagen, helsinki, berlin, moscow, lisbon... you can get for august in madrid. 2-4-1 rates usually follow the same pattern.

paris, london and amsterdam are obviously out.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by murilix

paris, london and amsterdam are obviously out.
I have seen occassional availability at Park Plaza Westminster
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
like for most other brands, 241 is usually unavailable in city hotels

but no problem for remote / airport hotels...
I think it really depends on the location of the hotel like some other posters have mentioned. If its predominantly a business hotel, you'll most likely find availability. Take Brussels for instance, difficulty getting the Radisson Blu Royal because its next to the grand palace but the Radisson Blu EU is easily available.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:04 am

Question: if I book these rates, I will receive any Elite Qualifying nights or not? How many? And how about points?

Thank you in advance!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
You will get the qualifying nights, but the number is variable, on a 2-4-1, you can get either 2 or 1 night (this was discussed in the previous pages of this thread). The points are not counted by night, but by cost, so this will be different for each stay.

You will get at least:
-2000 (gold) or 3000 (concierge) points bonus booking online
-20 points per US dollar spent
-10 extra bonus points per US dollar spent for golds (15 for concierge members)
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:20 am

I think it's about time we start a thread on the subject "which hotels have all nights qualifying for elite on the 442 and 241 rates".

Also, I have two 2-4-1 stays at the Radisson Blu Birmingham later this year. Can anyone here confirm if these will post as two or one night?

It seems I will finish the year with 34 qualifying nights if they post as one night each.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:11 am

thank you for detailed answer!!!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mode101
Question: if I book these rates, I will receive any Elite Qualifying nights or not? How many? And how about points?

Thank you in advance!
With the 2-4-1 or 4-4-2 rates, I always got the actual number of nights I stayed, EXCEPT when I didn't get credit at all, and needed retro-credit. Then @clubcarlson only credited me for 1 night since the 2nd night was "complimentary". I did get the 10000 points for a 2 night stay after asking for it and pointing to their promo.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's all how the actual hotel codes it... most will give you all nights but there are others that only give you what you paid for.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Can I just confirm.

2 rooms booked on for 442 rate.
My cc number on both rooms, do I get points and stay credit for both ? And does my good discount as a gold come off both ?

Thanks
cs
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Can I just confirm.

2 rooms booked on for 442 rate.
My cc number on both rooms, do I get points and stay credit for both ? And does my good discount as a gold come off both ?

Thanks
cs
Never hurst to post again the link to the promo
http://www.clubcarlson.com/4for2

Discount for both rooms, yes. 1 stay registered.
But regarding nights and points, depends on the property.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:31 am

"Earn Gold Points with this rate. Only Gold Points awarded." what it mean???
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mode101
"Earn Gold Points with this rate. Only Gold Points awarded." what it mean???
No miles on other partners, only Club Carlson.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Originally Posted by murilix
I think it's about time we start a thread on the subject "which hotels have all nights qualifying for elite on the 442 and 241 rates".

Also, I have two 2-4-1 stays at the Radisson Blu Birmingham later this year. Can anyone here confirm if these will post as two or one night?

It seems I will finish the year with 34 qualifying nights if they post as one night each.
I have never had any problems getting all the nights with 2-4-1 or 4-4-2 rates. Have I been just lucky or is it usual that you don't get all the nights? In which properties have you had the issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.