Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

No housekeeping services - Country Inn, St. Paul South

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No housekeeping services - Country Inn, St. Paul South

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Angry No housekeeping services - Country Inn, St. Paul South

We returned at 11:45 pm to find that housekeeping did not clean our room. Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, St. Paul South, MN.

Friday night stay was on my name and Saturday night stay was on my wife's name. We had 44,000 reasons to do so. They were very much willing to accommodate our request to stay in the same room. But when we came back the room was exactly how we left it.

Have any of you had this problem? Any advice on who and how to complain? There was no manager on call and I was just provided an email address.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
I'm not trying to be a jerk...but what exactly are you looking for to remedy the situation? Email or call the manager to complain, get your apology for the lack of service and move forward with your life. Maybe you'll get a 25% off a future stay out of it, which IMO is more than what the issue merits.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:42 am
Community Director Emerita

This is always a risk when you remain in the room. When you check out, housekeeping has to clean the room and then return it to inventory. You were rechecked into the same room without that housekeeping interlude. Once the room is assigned again, housekeeping might assume that the unmade bed is because of the new occupant.

We, too, stayed in the same room at a Country Inn for two nights. I called specifically to make sure that housekeeping cleaned our room because I was concerned we would be overlooked otherwise. The alternative was to physically move to a clean room for the 2nd stay, and I did not want to do that.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at this property for the bonus too, my first Country Inn and it confirmed why I had not been at one previously. Low budget retirement home vibe. I only had a one night stay, found check-in and breakfast to be very lacking.

At this point you are out of the hotel and presumably have 2 bonus allotments, I would let this one go.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. In retrospect, it wasn't a big deal. We hardly spent anytime at the hotel.

I plan to use the alternating reservations technique for future stays. We will just have to co-ordinate the housekeeping. A small price to pay for a good lesson
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Smile Final update

The manager very generously refunded 1/2 the room rate for the 2nd night.^
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by bergcy
Very generous indeed. Is it enough to convince you to remove the mad frowny face from the thread topic?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:49 pm
Suspended

You want him to remove the mad "frowny" face from the original post? I just don't get it.

Maybe that is how he felt when he originally posted. Why is it so important to you that he do this? This request seems highly unusual, at least to me. Are you an advocate for CC?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by bergcy
I would take that deal any day.

Too bad for the manager, as he likely gave the discount in no small part to avoid the OP making a complaint on the internet. As a small business owner, I really wish my customers would give me every chance to make up for poor service before giving a bad Yelp review, etc. Sure seems like the manager made up for the fairly minor mistake.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:00 am
Suspended

I disagree. I say that the manager gave a tad of compensation for the room not being made up. I can recall many a time when I came back from a hard day only to find my room not made, the same way that I left it. To me this is the ultimate disaster when paying for a room. When I pay for a room I like to be taken care of.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:48 am

Did you let the manager know you had done him the favor of posting this thread over a minor misunderstanding?

I stayed at this hotel the night after you left. No problems at all.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

All's well that ends well.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
To me this is the ultimate disaster when paying for a room.
'ultimate disaster'? Really?

I can think of many things far worse than not having a bed made and some new towels when stying at a hotel.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

I cannot change what happened. I am really happy with the resolution. If only I knew how to remove the mad frown, I would.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.