Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with Beijing properties?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
I was able to upgrade a points stay for 350 RMB/night. Happy hour (5:30-7:30pm) and breakfast were both in the restaurant above the lobby. I thought the upgrade was money well spent.
Is the 5:30-7:30pm happy hour the same as, or different from, the high tea? Thinking about booking a suite here, since it's much cheaper than the Hilton Wangfujing.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:02 am

Anyway, made a 2 for 1 booking using points/Carlson CC to a Deluxe room at the PP Wangfujing 66K points all in.

I emailed the reservations desk to ask about a complimentary room upgrade due to being Carlson Gold, and they offered a paid upgrade package of 388RMB/day/room, including a room upgrade to an Executive Suite, an extra bed, and daily breakfast (presumably included as part of the Suite).

$60 for a 3-class room upgrade and an extra bed? I'll take it!

My stay isn't for another few months, but I'll be sure to report back with photos!

Last edited by drzoidberg; May 17, 2014 at 6:10 am
Old May 19, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Nice! I paid about $80 for a similar upgrade last summer, that they offered me at check-in when I asked if they had any Gold upgrades. It worked well for my family, as we had a very nice breakfast each morning, and the evening happy hour food was actually sufficient to provide dinner for the kids one night when they were too tired to go out to a restaurant.

Not sure what the high tea comprises, but the happy hour last summer had a selection of juices, wine, and hard liquor, as well as 3-4 hot dishes, salad, bread and cheese, and a few desserts.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Anyway, made a 2 for 1 booking using points/Carlson CC to a Deluxe room at the PP Wangfujing 66K points all in.
I am looking at this hotel for an award stay and wonder what the difference is between a standard award for a Superior room at 44k points and a premium award for the Deluxe that you selected at 66k points. Is it just the size and amenities of the room or does the premium award include breakfast and lounge?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I am looking at this hotel for an award stay and wonder what the difference is between a standard award for a Superior room at 44k points and a premium award for the Deluxe that you selected at 66k points. Is it just the size and amenities of the room or does the premium award include breakfast and lounge?
It looks like the Deluxe does NOT include the breakfast and lounge, most unfortunately.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
It looks like the Deluxe does NOT include the breakfast and lounge, most unfortunately.
I did not see any mention of breakfast and lounge either in the room descriptions. I will just book the Superior room for 44k points and see what they will charge me to upgrade to get breakfast and lounge benefits.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:53 am

When I stayed last summer I booked the superior room. Upon arrival, I was told I had been upgraded to deluxe, but that the deluxe did not come with breakfast or lounge benefits. For that, I needed to pay the aforementioned supplement (I think it was approx $80 USD per night) to upgrade to a suite with those benefits. It is possible that if you book the deluxe room they'll give you the upgrade for less, but you may want to contact them in advance. I found the desk staff on check-in to have a very limited range of options they could offer up.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:33 am

I'm at the PP Wangfujing now, and was not happy that despite arranging in advance a room upgrade to an Executive Suite, was told that I would not have access to the lounge nor would I have high tea/happy hour (despite the website contradicting this). Furthermore, they tried to upsell me on other packages which I didn't want.

Finally got it sorted out so I'm on a 15th floor Exec. Suite, but displeased with checkin issues and staff's very limited English. Having just stayed at the Hilton Wangfujing across the street, I find it hard to believe that the PP WFJ is ranked #14 and the Hilton just #13.

Will post more later.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:46 am

sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully now that the suite is sorted out, you'll have a good stay. We also stayed at the Hilton before our stay at the PP, and thought the Hilton experience was much better. Both stays were on points, with Gold status at the respective chains. Good luck with the rest of the stay.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully now that the suite is sorted out, you'll have a good stay. We also stayed at the Hilton before our stay at the PP, and thought the Hilton experience was much better. Both stays were on points, with Gold status at the respective chains. Good luck with the rest of the stay.
Checkin issues notwithstanding, the PP was a nice stay with a convenient location. The Hilton WFJ was still much better, but the PP was more like its dependable older, less flashier brother. Breakfast was more "Chinese" too.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone know if the Radisson Blu's lounge is open on weekends? I've got a 2/1 Royal Club premium award for a Friday and Saturday night and don't know what to expect. I like Wangfujing (and love the restaurant in the ~new Renaissance there), but don't mind staying on the second ring while recovering from my flight and visiting the Summer Palace.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:23 am
Suspended

How's radisson blu compared to Park Plaza WFJ? Radisson blu is cheaper on points.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:50 am
Suspended

I stayed on PP WFJ. The location is great, next to Metro. Food is pretty good. However, if you used your Club Carlson Visa, check your statement. I have to call since they didn't give the points under Club carlson stay.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by 9Benua
How's radisson blu compared to Park Plaza WFJ? Radisson blu is cheaper on points.
Bump. Cos I'd like to know too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.