Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Chicago - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 5:50 am

Staying here next weekend. Coming from ORD and wondering if its easy enough to get to/from here, with luggage, via CTA - and if so what stops would you recommend (ideally with lifts)?

Also, would anyone recommend the in house restaurant (Fellini) or purchasing lounge access (we are Gold so perhaps this will be discounted).

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2013, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Staying here next weekend. Coming from ORD and wondering if its easy enough to get to/from here, with luggage, via CTA - and if so what stops would you recommend (ideally with lifts)?

Also, would anyone recommend the in house restaurant (Fellini) or purchasing lounge access (we are Gold so perhaps this will be discounted).

Thanks!
http://www.radissonblu.com/aquahotel-chicago/location

I took Blue line from ORD, exit'ed at Clark/Lake station for my last ORD-Fairmont (right across Radisson) with carry-on luggage.
It has Elevator, while other closer stations don't @@
There's another 10 minute walk EAST after subway exit

Or, just use Google Maps, which says you can take M20 bus after to not walk so much
http://goo.gl/maps/aYz36
Transit directions to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago

Chicago O'Hare International Airport
10000 West O'Hare Avenue
Chicago, IL 60666, United States
O'Hare
Blue Line Subway towards Forest Park
7:44am - 8:26am (42 mins, 17 stops)
Washington-Blue
Walk to Washington & Dearborn
About 1 min (7 mins to make transfer)
Washington & Dearborn Stop ID: 447
20 Bus towards Illinois Center
8:33am - 8:40am (7 mins, 8 stops)
Columbus (Upper) & South Water Stop ID: 3955
Walk to Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago
About 1 min (256 ft)

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago
221 N Columbus Dr
Chicago, IL 60601, United States
Old May 8, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
If you look at this map for the pedway: http://www.spiegl.org/pedway/pedway.html

you will see the Clark and Lake stop is very close to the State of Illinois entrance. If you are only rolling one manageable bag and you are a walker then I would say you could use the pedway to get you to the Radison. You can exit at the Fairmont and walk across the street to the Radison or keep going to the Aqua. You will see doors that lead to the Radison elevators. Otherwise, get a cab when you exit the subway. Then you can take your time and explore the pedway without the luggage burden.

We had a very nice meal at the Filini and would gladly return. Look at the menu and see if you like it.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As a gold last summer, I was upgraded to a business class room with no lounge access/discount, fwiw.
I found walking from the train not a big deal.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:45 am

Great advice. We do have a bit of luggage although a walk along the River looks flat and manageable. Will check out the pedway when we are luggage free. Would be interested to hear if the Biz Lounge upgrade is worth it even at a 'non discounted to Elite's' surcharge. We are staying over a weekend.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2013, 4:48 am

Great advice. We do have a bit of luggage although a walk along the River looks flat and manageable. Will check out the pedway when we are luggage free. Would be interested to hear if the Biz Lounge upgrade is worth it even at a 'non discounted to Elite's' surcharge. We are staying over a weekend.

Thanks!
Looking again at your first post you may already have checked in and paid for the lounge upgrade. I was going to suggest you think about what you're wanting from the lounge and compare it to what is offered right next door at Mariano's. They have a large variety of ready made food on the upper floor and a wine bar downstairs. You should definitely check it out.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Looking again at your first post you may already have checked in and paid for the lounge upgrade. I was going to suggest you think about what you're wanting from the lounge and compare it to what is offered right next door at Mariano's. They have a large variety of ready made food on the upper floor and a wine bar downstairs. You should definitely check it out.
No not here until next week! Despite trying to find out; I have no idea what the Biz Lounge costs and what it offers. I had read reviews that mentioned Mariano's and Fox & Otel for 'quick' eats, is their any difference between the two?

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2013, 5:50 am

No not here until next week! Despite trying to find out; I have no idea what the Biz Lounge costs and what it offers. I had read reviews that mentioned Mariano's and Fox & Otel for 'quick' eats, is their any difference between the two?

Thanks!
About 3/4 to 1 mile of walking. Fox & Obel was our go to spot when we lived on the other side of the river. Now Mariano's is right next door. Very convenient.

Have you called the hotel to ask about the lounge? I would ask what their average fare is. We recently spent 5 nights at another hotel with complimentary lounge. It was convenient but the food was on the high fat side. Lots of cheese and fried. The tomatoes and nice bits to the salad were generally picked off by the time we got there. Romaine lettuce again?? At Mariano's you will have a generous hot and salad bar plus a full deli case of already made entrees, pizza, coffee shop items, sorbet and gelato. It's a beautiful store. Outdoor patio for eating or if the weather is cool you can sit inside. Our favorite spot is the high counter overlooking the dog park and park.

And you'll probably want to experience one brunch at Wildberry: http://www.wildberrycafe.com
Old May 18, 2013, 4:56 pm

Is this the weekend you are here?

We ate at Eggys yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised at their choice of food suppliers. Local when possible. No antibiotics or hormones in eggs.

We're on our porch enjoying a sandwich and olives we got from Pastoral: http://www.pastoralartisan.com Love, love the place. It's not a far walk from Radisson.

Took the Metra from Olgilvie Station to Braeside station and then walked to Chicago Botanic Gardens. A weekend pass for unlimited rides was only $7 each.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
The hotel is pretty underwhelming. Cool look on the outside, but nothing memorable. Love the shower and tub though. I had a Park view so my balcony was worthless.

But the Lou Malnati's on Wells delivers though!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:40 pm

These guys offer no points availability in the summer. .... Has anyone booked a date on points this summer?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:38 pm
GAF

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
Originally Posted by TheAJ
These guys offer no points availability in the summer. .... Has anyone booked a date on points this summer?
booked July 2-4 using points and last night free as CC credit card promo.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, EK, Choice Diamond, IHG Platinum, Fairmont Premier, HHonors Silver, Best Western Diamond
Memorable? Absolutely!

Originally Posted by spankytoes
The hotel is pretty underwhelming. Cool look on the outside, but nothing memorable.
Are you kidding?!? Tell me, how many hotels have you stayed in where, as a guest, you can play basketball on a half-sized court; take a sauna and/or steam bath; grill your own lunch or dinner outdoors on the patio; or workout in a large, fully-equiped gym?

The rooms (note that there are two decors to choose from, and you can let the hotel know at check-in which you prefer), are in great shape since the hotel is still very new.

Finally, it's only a short walk to one of the most amazing public spaces in the country -- Millennium Park.

I stayed in a Business Class room, and thus also had access to the Lounge staffed by very friendly, helpful staff members.

My stay was exceedingly memorable. I can't wait to return again!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:04 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
One can get pricey to go &/or food items at the market www.fox-obel.com which is 1/2 mile away and has a bistro/cafe besides the grocery area.
FYI, Fox & Obel was closed recently due to pest issues, haven't opened for a few days now, so serious issue.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by TheAJ
Hope this late response is useful: I have booked at this hotel when there was no award availability. I called the hotel directly and asked nicely. It was about five days before my arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.