Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Chicago - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Gold, Ihg platinum, club carlson gold
As gold I have received lounge access on each of 4 stays over the last 2 years. I always request naturally cool rooms (hard wood and light colors) and have received them each visit. I have a stay coming in February, I'll post if lounge access is given.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by tsvols
As gold I have received lounge access on each of 4 stays over the last 2 years. I always request naturally cool rooms (hard wood and light colors) and have received them each visit. I have a stay coming in February, I'll post if lounge access is given.
Do they offer the lounge access or do you explicitly request it?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:58 pm

After the first two times being given lounge access the next two times I asked if it would be possible since it was a busy weekend. Email replied saying the upgrade was for concierge only but since I was upgraded on previous visits they would go ahead and upgrade again.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by tsvols
After the first two times being given lounge access the next two times I asked if it would be possible since it was a busy weekend. Email replied saying the upgrade was for concierge only but since I was upgraded on previous visits they would go ahead and upgrade again.
Were they award or paid stays?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:04 am

2 paid, 2 award. Upcoming stay is award for two nights.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Email address for the GM

If anyone knows the GM's email address, could s/he PM me for the info?

I did not know about the Lollapalooza Festival and booked 2 award stays (2 accounts) for the period, then realized there would be penalty for cancellation. Had we known the Festival we would not visit Chicago during that period.

Club Carlson said only the hotel can take care of it so if I could contact the GM directly via email, we might have a chance to cancel the bookings with points returned (must be instructed by the hotel to Club Carlson).

TIA.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:05 pm

Deleted

Last edited by godsquare; Jun 5, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:57 pm

Radisson Blu Chicago - Master thread

Last year, I visited this hotel during a busy weekend. I booked a standard room, and as an 'upgrade', I got a higher floor, but the room was rather small, overlooked a garden and wasn't granted lounge access as a gold member.

I have to be in Chicago this year in Chicago again this year for two days.Ii am able to see business rooms for 75k points per night versus 50k for standard rooms. Is the extra 25k points worth the extra benefits that come with the business room?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Is the extra 25k points worth the extra benefits that come with the business room?
The main "extra benefits" are lounge access and knowing you'll be in one of the better rooms. I wouldn't pay 50% more cash for that, but someone might sensibly spend 25,000 additional points for two nights (CC Visa card deal) if they placed value on breakfast and evening beer/wine/snacks.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Quote:

Is the extra 25k points worth the extra benefits that come with the business room?

The main "extra benefits" are lounge access and knowing you'll be in one of the better rooms. I wouldn't pay 50% more cash for that, but someone might sensibly spend 25,000 additional points for two nights (CC Visa card deal) if they placed value on breakfast and evening beer/wine/snacks.
I've paid for premium rooms with points before (Radisson Blu Berlin was the last one); in their case, the breakfast every morning was outstanding and definitely worth the extra points. I am unsure if the Chicago property measures up. I'll do more research. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:57 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I am unsure if the Chicago property measures up.
It's very definitely not a European breakfast buffet. My report from last April summed it up (an earlier post also mentioned eggs, but I don't recall seeing any):

Originally Posted by IMH
Breakfast in the lounge was limited but good. Decent bread rolls, bagels and bread for toasting, pastries, oatmeal, cream cheese, jam/marmalade and fresh fruit. Small amounts of fresh cheese were occasionally put out as well.
Choosing the "premium" room should give you a better chance of an upgrade to a suite -- but only a better chance, not a guarantee.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:40 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on a Gold Status, USBank cardholder, Premium Award stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua versus a Points and Cash Diamond non-DSU booking at Park Hyatt Chicago? Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by christof
Does anyone have any thoughts on a Gold Status, USBank cardholder, Premium Award stay at the Radisson Blu Aqua versus a Points and Cash Diamond non-DSU booking at Park Hyatt Chicago? Thanks.
If you are doing two nights, id pick aqua. If one night then park hyatt. If more than 2, then two nts at aqua, rest in park hyatt
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
If you are doing two nights, id pick aqua. If one night then park hyatt. If more than 2, then two nts at aqua, rest in park hyatt
Is a suite upgrade likely? I'm doing two nights. How's the hotel location?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I checked the 75k points bus reward stated" ROOM DESCRIPTION:
Booking a Business Class guest room automatically gives you access to the upgraded amenities, services and benefits that help you work." It didn't mention lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.