Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld rebuffs Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Hfly I am also completely "allergic" to Swiss International Airlines. This is based on my 4 transatlantic flights with them in Y and obnoxious treatment in their Business Class lounge, which according to Alitalia I was entitled to use.

I plan to take my next trip on Continental, which is not so great but certainly better than LX.

I understand their short hops though in Y are excellent but they are planning to downgrade their service on the shorter routes too.

Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:11 pm

okay,
if you are allergic to swiss on base of 4 trips what are you doing on this bulletin board.
my transatlantic flights on LX were perfect ( execept on 4-10-01)even in economy (i have to admit that's long time ago)
lets use this site for news and help not for complaints about LX

------------------
Old Dec 1, 2002, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Medico says >>okay,if you are allergic to swiss on base of 4 trips what are you doing on this bulletin board.>>

Medico to answer your question. Please check the posts before accusing me of using the board for criticising Swiss. I was defending another poster who was being criticised for his negative comments about Swiss by voicing my "understanding" to his comments.

I see nothing wrong in his posting his comments. There is no "rule" about posting positive or negative experiences on this Board.

Now to answer your question why I read the posts here. Simply put because I am "stuck" with Swiss and fly with them (only transatlantic) even though I am "allergic" to them. By the way my opinion is not only based on the 4 transatlantic flights in Y class but I will not delve into the other reasons. If I had a nonstop choice to fly on another carrier it would not upset me so much. Presently I have no choice as Swiss have a monopoly on nonstop flights to where I travel to. This will fortunately change soon.

As it is the Swiss taxpayer who bailed out this airline I can assure you that I really wish them well and hope they "change" and succeed.

Another reason I am interested in Swiss is that I have been flying on Swiss/Swissair for 46 years, since 1956, when I was still a kid and we were spoilt rotten. I remember travelling on their DC-6s,Convair 440s, Caravelles, Coronados, DC-8s, DV-10s, 747s etc, so I follow this airline for "sentimental" reasons.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction.

my transatlantic flights on LX were perfect ( execept on 4-10-01)even in economy (i have to admit that's long time ago)
lets use this site for news and help not for complaints about LX

[/B][/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.