Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2002, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Upgrades

What is the policy for upgrades once I become Travel Club other than to be upgradede if the plane is full anyway
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:21 pm

With Swiss generelly speaking you never get free upgrades unless the flight is overbooked and operational upgrading is necessary. In this case it goes by status, which means circle first, then gold and finally travelclub - after that any other QG member that seems to especially deserve it in the eyes of the gate agent. Sometimes handicapped people or overweight folks are upgraded for free, but very seldom.

Other than that you have to use miles, which is very easy since you can do it last minute at the gate or even onboard. As Travelclub you are able to use miles to upgrade at the gate or onboard from C to F.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 5:14 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
As a lowly QG member with tonnes of miles (thanks to Starwood), will they ever make an exception and allow an UG from C to F using my miles?
Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:00 am

I'm booked on the LHR-ZRH-EZE thingy on 24 Dec and the flight is already fully booked in Economy. I assume they will be bumping some y-c (and maybe as a result some C-F). I would gladly offer some of my points for a guaranteed C-F upgrade but as I'm the lowest tier I can't do this.

It's a shame becuase they'll probably end up upgrading some others for no points.

Stephen
Old Oct 18, 2002, 10:44 am

You both got mail.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 3:07 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Can you send me that mail, too ??? I´m, ehm, interested in that topic as well http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by huegli (edited 10-18-2002).]
Old Nov 1, 2002, 3:45 am

could you send that to me too. sorry - but have a few flights with LX coming up

cheers, lcy...
Old Nov 1, 2002, 6:08 am

Same here. Tonnes of LX miles, no status (yet), and interested in whatever "secret" is posted in that email. Would glad and thankful to receive that.
Old Nov 1, 2002, 9:24 am

Programs: QR platinum
well you got me interested also, can you send me info too+?
Old Nov 1, 2002, 9:42 am

If it s possibnle for you can I also have the infos please.

kooks.
Old Nov 1, 2002, 12:42 pm

me too, please!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Nov 1, 2002, 8:02 pm

Me too pleae.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Sitting on a lot of miles thanks to the Amex MR promotion....
Old Nov 2, 2002, 10:26 am

Sorry to disappoint you - I just emailed a general e-mail adress where one gets to the Swiss Travelclub Desk. E. g. when trying to get Travelclub status a little bit in advance, when you have enough flights booked to earn it anyway.

I also found out that it is not possible to upgrade non-Travelclub Qualiflyer members to First Class with miles, regardless of who the miles come from .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.