Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Call from LX re EZE fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2002, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Call from LX re EZE fare

I have just had a call from the LX London Office telling me that my LHR-ZRH-EZE fare was a mistake but that they would honour it.

Strange I'm getting this now as I have had the e ticket for weeks.

They did say however that no changes would be permnitted to the booking and that if I didn't fly the first LHR-ZRH segment I'd have to pay the real price.

Stephen
Old Oct 24, 2002, 7:24 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Well, I guess that gives us a precedent. We should be safe as far as the original booking is concerned. As to changes: some FTers have made successful attempts to make changes, other had no success. It looks like it depends on the office you call...
Old Oct 24, 2002, 7:29 am
Original Poster

It's funny taht I never asked to change (and don't intend to). They took it upon themselves to call me and tell me I couldn't change.

Stephen
Old Oct 24, 2002, 7:52 am

I got a similar call today
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:22 am

Programs: QR platinum
also received a call from swiss, swiss office
only to say that i could not change ticket, which i was not intending to do anyway
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:38 am

As I said in a previous thread, I really can't travel on the dates I booked. Can Swiss really get away with this? When I booked, it was a C without restrictions. Nothing on my e-ticket either. I appreciate that this is rather cheap and that Swiss have been kind enough honouring without much whining, though this does put me in a rather bad position. Any ideas?
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:58 am

Welcome to the board Expo.02

I think that as explained before, because of the price they wont let you change the tket.

What you can do is transfer the tket to someone else but this soulution wont be possible either I think. So the only way is to take the flight or lose the tket.

When are flying to EZE anaway?

kooks.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 9:51 am

kooks, flying on 04/2003 for about one week. I really doubt name changes are allowed.

I am just questioning if I have to accept this. It is almost like downgrading the ticket to Y or saying no FF miles can be earned. I wouldn't accept either or those so why should I accept this? I booked and accepted a C ticket without restrictions, nothing else! It seemed this was accepted by both parties, me paying and them issuing the e-ticket. Isn't it a bit late (20 days) to start restricting it?
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:09 am

Expo.02,
I understand what you mean. But on a tket like this, paying less than 1000 CHF for a C-class tket to EZE is a very good price and you should stick to it if it s possible.

The other thing you could try is to call off Swisstimes hours, your call would be transfer to Australia or South Africa for example during the night and you could ask the rep to change it. Maybe you get lucky http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif.

For this price, I think around 35'000 miles is quite a deal (including the 25'000 club miles) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif.

kooks

[This message has been edited by kooks (edited 10-24-2002).]
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:32 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
They must have started a major offensive today, I got a call from SWISS, too today, telling me I can't change anything and that I have to fly all segments.

Legally speaking, a contract that has been concluded under Swiss law can be rescinded by one party if it committed a so-called "Erklärungsirrtum", which means that the party said something which it didn't mean and the other party knew or should have known about the mistake. The main example in law books is a juwelery business who writes $100 on a price tag for a diamond ring instead of $1000. If it was obvious for the customer to see that $100 must be a mistake, the juwelery store can rescind the contract. Similar situation here.

SWISS chose a middle solution: instead of not honoring the tickets, pissing off some of its better customers and getting lots of bad publicity, it honors the tickets but won't let you change them. Looks fair to me.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
that's (what huegli just explained above) is what I learned at the St.Gallen university.

I don't think you have successfull legal arguments before a swiss court.

Plese don't shoot the messangers.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:42 am

Thanks very much Huegli for the legal advices.

kooks. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Oct 24, 2002, 11:00 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I just got a call today regarding my upcoming trip in Dec. No mention about the other trips I have booked in Nov., Jan., and Feb. though.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:40 pm

Expo.02, please let us know if you succeeded in changing the ticket (as kooks said, try several LX offices). If not, maybe a name change would be possible. I'd be interested. Unfortunately I was offline exactly that day when the opportunity was posted here. Please add an email address to your profile so that you can be contacted. Thanks and good luck.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Expo.02:
kooks, flying on 04/2003 for about one week. I really doubt name changes are allowed.
</font>
As said I would be happy if possible to have your tket change to my name too.

kooks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.