Finally some good Competition

Old Aug 31, 02, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Finally some good Competition

Continental Airlines will start New York to Geneva flights in March. I don't think the market is large enough for 2 airlines on the route. TWA and Delta both discontinued the route. However that was when Swissair was offering good service in all its classes.

CO can certainly compete against Swiss with no problem and in some respects is better than Swiss, certainly when it comes to Y class and Business First. And CO offers connections throughout North, Central and South America.

Maybe Swiss will do a double mileage promotion for its F and C passengers in March to keep them from switiching.

I am delighted to see some competition on this route. LX management deserve it.
Old Aug 31, 02, 11:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:

Maybe Swiss will do a double mileage promotion for its F and C passengers in March to keep them from switiching.
</font>
I think you have a good point there. Swiss is already doing a double miles promotion out of Geneva to NYC:

Geneva-New York 01.10.30.11.2002 C/F class double miles (bonus miles) this info is on the Sept-Oct 2002 Newsletter.

kooks.
Old Aug 31, 02, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

No bonus for Y. Interesting.

Search this Thread