rerouting award ticket

Old Aug 30, 02, 10:39 am
Original Poster

rerouting award ticket

The Qualiflyer website does mention rerouting award is prohibited.

Is it however allowed to change a GVA-xxx direct flight to GVA-ZRH-xxx(connection only, no stopover) if there is no availability on the direct flight?
Old Aug 30, 02, 10:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:
The Qualiflyer website does mention rerouting award is prohibited.

Is it however allowed to change a GVA-xxx direct flight to GVA-ZRH-xxx(connection only, no stopover) if there is no availability on the direct flight?
</font>
Well, the availability of flight on web site is really poor. I always book free flights by the regular office, there you can book even 8 segments award flight.
Old Aug 30, 02, 11:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chris1:
Well, the availability of flight on web site is really poor. I always book free flights by the regular office, there you can book even 8 segments award flight.</font>
This is true, but if you book online, you get at least 1'000 bonus miles for the Award tket.

The internet system is indeed weak because you can not book 8 segments online.

The best thing is to call them and say that ii is not possible to do it aver the Internet and they usually give the bonus miles anyway.
At least it worked for me most of the time.

kooks.
Old Aug 31, 02, 2:13 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
You have much more flexibility and consulting if you call them up.

RE the rerouting, that worked for me several times already, although against a fee (CHF50?). But it was possible to change a trip completely (e.g. ZRH-BRU-ARN-WAW-ZRH into ZRH-LIS-LHR-ZRH or so).

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Aug 31, 02, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
You may reroute only if you have not commenced your journey.

Once travel has begun, you are not allowed to reroute your ticket or change booking classes (even if you downgrade) if the cities are in the same award zone.

Search this Thread