Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QATAR Airways First and Business ??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
QATAR Airways First and Business ??

HI

Qatar airways offer some 2 for 1 in F and C ex UK for the moment

I am tempted to try them to Colombo (2880 Pounds all taxes incl for 2 tickets in F)

The first flight is in F in a A 330
The second one (Doha to CMB) only offer business in an AB6
(same on the way back)

Any comments about the seats/service in those 2 aircrafts ?

Do they give acces to the F Longe in Doha if the second flight is in C (but you arrives with a F ticket) ?

Any advice is welcome

Tx

Herve
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
HI

Qatar airways offer some 2 for 1 in F and C ex UK for the moment

I am tempted to try them to Colombo (2880 Pounds all taxes incl for 2 tickets in F)

The first flight is in F in a A 330
The second one (Doha to CMB) only offer business in an AB6
(same on the way back)

Any comments about the seats/service in those 2 aircrafts ?

Do they give acces to the F Longe in Doha if the second flight is in C (but you arrives with a F ticket) ?

Any advice is welcome

Tx

Herve
F is excellent out of UK with flat seats and good quality catering. Both F and J lounges in Doha are ok. I think they still use the BMW 7 series cars to transport F passengers to the plane in Doha. I haven't used the J seats on the AB6 but I have on their A320s (to MLE) which were good J class cradle-type seats

hope this helps - sounds like a good deal to me
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hey,

I would fly QR without any hesitation. They are really improving, and they offer an excellent service.

Some points

~LHR-DOH food is amazing.
~Seats are also very comfortable - flat bed and all.
~DOH is small. Lounge is OK, but try to minimze your time there. You must use the C lounge if the CMB flight is in C.
~They no longer use BMW 7 series cars to take F class passengers. Instead, they use a special F class bus. (I was really sad about this )
~ The AB6 seats are very OK, nothing great, but comfortable enough.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.