Wiki Posts
Search

New Cardless QR credit card for USA

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
New Cardless QR credit card for USA

Anyone else apply? I did to get away from AA. Will use the status to jump start way to emerald on another OneWorld carrier. Most of my flying is done in long haul J on QR, so it shan't take long.

Cardless is having a lot of trouble linking my account to my QR#. Going on 5 days now. I'm almost positive it's taking so long due to QR's wonderful customer service. Anyone else that applied having issues?
Old May 22, 2024, 12:31 pm

I applied for this card. Got approved and Qatar status changed to Gold a few minutes after approval. Virtual card works fine. I heard Cardless customer support is very slow? Will see if I run into any issue using this card

Last edited by boystar324; May 22, 2024 at 1:01 pm
Old May 22, 2024, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Eventually they were able to link my card to QR account (took about a week). If I had to guess, would say it was a middle name on account and not card issue. Handled issue thru email with Cardless and they took 36-48 hours to repsond to each email, Did not try to call. Gold is now showing, and bonus points in account.
Old May 23, 2024, 10:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I put my name on the waiting list, but now that the details are out I decided I will pass because I don't see the value of this card. Perhaps if some day I am no longer QR Plat/Gold then holding this card for one year will be worth it for OWS but I would cancel the card at renewal because once the sign-up bonus is in the pocket and once Gold status runs off, what's left?
Old May 24, 2024, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

I plan to cancel the card as well after first year. I desperately want to move from AA's program, QR is the carrier I fly most often. I just got the card to have mid tier status with them while I work towards PLAT.
Old May 25, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: DL
Here is my experience so far with the Infinite card:
  • Approved immediately, got instant card number. Gold status, Qpoints, lounge vouchers granted immediately.
  • The card does not work on Qatar Airways in-flight wifi, it was declined on multiple flights.
  • Made a few other purchases and got 35,000 Avios deposited in my QR account after a few days.
  • Made an estimated tax payment to meet the $5,000 in spend SUB, was approved without issue.
  • At 4am the day after, they froze my card for "unusual behavior", no specific reason. Called Cardless and they said it may take a week or more to be unfrozen. Card does not work anymore.
Quite an interesting experience so far! I am Cardless now.

Edit: They unfroze my card today (May 28th).
florin likes this.

Last edited by dlflyer00; May 28, 2024 at 11:23 am
Old May 25, 2024, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
  • Approved immediately, got instant card number. Gold status, Qpoints, lounge vouchers granted immediately.
  • The card does not work on Qatar Airways in-flight wifi, it was declined on multiple flights.
  • Made a few other purchases and got 35,000 Avios deposited in my QR account after a few days.
  • Made an estimated tax payment to meet the $5,000 in spend SUB, was approved without issue.
  • At 4am the day after, they froze my card for "unusual behavior", no specific reason. Called Cardless and they said it may take a week or more to be unfrozen. Card does not work anymore.
Declined for inflight WiFi? Thats so weird. Hope your Cardless situation gets resolved soon!
Old May 26, 2024, 6:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
It seems they have some short term issues to deal with before they become mainstream. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
when does the current offer expire?
Old Jun 4, 2024, 9:28 am

Which credit bureau does Cardless pull? I need to lift my freeze, but don't want to do all three.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
when does the current offer expire?
The elevated waitlist offers end today.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Keep mine frozen as well. Only "unfroze" Equifax when applied, and it went through.

Originally Posted by becauseimnew
Which credit bureau does Cardless pull? I need to lift my freeze, but don't want to do all three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.