Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR - when to add BA Exec No.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 1:09 am
Original Poster

QR - when to add BA Exec No.

First time booking QR via their website. I want Tier Points credited to BA. At what stage should I enter my BA executive club number? If I'm logged to my Privilege Club account when I make the booking will it automatically link any points and Avios to Qatar PC? Thanks.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
First time booking QR via their website. I want Tier Points credited to BA. At what stage should I enter my BA executive club number? If I'm logged to my Privilege Club account when I make the booking will it automatically link any points and Avios to Qatar PC? Thanks.
I'm currently Platinum but shifting everything over to my BA account. If you inadvertently reference the trip while logged on to your QR account, there's a risk your QR number will attach itself to the reservation. Once QR's PC number gets embedded, it can be a devil of a job to get rid of it. Someone explained that the frequent flyer number has a number of fields it can populate in the reservation coding: news beyond my understanding, but a possible explanation of why the QR number can be sticky.

So its probably best NOT to make the reservation when logged on to QR, and add your BA number immediately, at the reservation stage. Keep any online managing you do at arms length from your PC link. If you do anything fancy, like use your PC membership to get into Safwa, make sure the agent understands you want to keep the BA number on your ticket.

I managed to switch back to BA, but it took a diversion through the Finnair website for one flight and customer service intervention for another (the AY route didn't work).
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Sometimes you can add your frequent flyer number on the manage booking page. Do note QR frequent flyer numbers are extremely sticky, so if you have provided your QRPC no. before, I would highly suggest calling customer service directly or using the online chat function to have an agent manually add your BAEC number (and remove your QRPC) to the booking. Always double-check your boarding pass for your frequent flyer number during check-in.

My trick is getting a physical boarding pass every time I fly so I keep a record of the flight & frequent flyer programme that is attached to the booking.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Unless you need any of your priv club account benefits when you make the booking, if this is a cash booking, i would recommend you log out of your priv club account before making the booking, and then adding the BA number as you make the booking.

Otherwise it can be very difficult yo get the QR number removed.

if you need the QR number when you make the booking then you can go to the AY website and "change" it. That will show the BA number of your booking, but it may not completely remove the QR number but you will not know till you se where everything credits
Old May 9, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by oliver_dvs
Sometimes you can add your frequent flyer number on the manage booking page. Do note QR frequent flyer numbers are extremely sticky, so if you have provided your QRPC no. before, I would highly suggest calling customer service directly or using the online chat function to have an agent manually add your BAEC number (and remove your QRPC) to the booking. Always double-check your boarding pass for your frequent flyer number during check-in.

My trick is getting a physical boarding pass every time I fly so I keep a record of the flight & frequent flyer programme that is attached to the booking.
They have been posts where the avios were credited to QR despite a BAEC number showed on the Boarding pass.
UNless you need to have the QR number for some important benefit, never go close to it when doing a booking or make changes (seat selection, upgrade,..). If you add your BAEC number to a QR booking made with your QRPC number, you would need to make sure that the agent completely removes that QRPC number and replaces it by the other FFP. But QR systems have a way to make it very sticky.
Old May 9, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've booked QR many times and never had a problem getting TP and Avios credited to my BA account. Just go onto the website as an ordinary user, and after entering your name you can choose the airline you want to credit to and enter your BA account number
Old May 9, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Agent69
I've booked QR many times and never had a problem getting TP and Avios credited to my BA account. Just go onto the website as an ordinary user, and after entering your name you can choose the airline you want to credit to and enter your BA account number
The difficulty isn't getting a straightforward credit to BAEC. The difficulty is where the passenger is also a member of QR's Privilege Club, and makes the reservation, or somehow manages it (seat selection etc), while logged onto the QR website. In that situation the PC number can become embedded in the booking, replacing membership numbers of other FFP.
brunos likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad I asked. I can imagine there's quite a few who end up with their PC details being assigned and find it frustrating to get it changed to BA.

I'll make sure I'm not logged in to Qatar at any time including for check-in when I'll use MMB or whatever QR's equivalent is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.