Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Singapore Lounge Access for MH J Award tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone clarify whether Avios award tickets for Malaysian Airlines-operated flights can access the Qatar Premium Lounge at Singapore Changi?

Oneworld's website includes the following policy for said lounge:

"For Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business class ticketed revenue customers only. Guests are not permitted."

The "revenue" mention is troubling since I'm going to be at Changi from early morning until late evening & had made it a priority to visit it.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Hi, I had no problem accessing QR SIN lounge on Avios MH-ticket SIN - KUL - BKK last October.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SirToby
Hi, I had no problem accessing QR SIN lounge on Avios MH-ticket SIN - KUL - BKK last October.
Appreciate the quick response & DP!

Would continue to appreciate DPs from any others who've visited in these circumstances (visiting with a business class award ticket) given that this DP was about 5 months ago.

Not sure when or if that lounge policy has been edited on the Oneworld website since then or whether that was always in place.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Last December I tried to access it during my transit from an inbound longhaul J QR flight to an MH Y flight to KUL (which would be eligible to access any oneworld lounges following OW policy, transiting from longhaul J to shorthaul international flight, even without status), but I was told access would only be given to passengers departing on longhaul flight so I'm not sure whether that's their policy or just an excuse given by the staff (though they could have said they only allow passengers departing on J ticket since they don't follow OW policy anyway).

Award tickets are considered as revenue ticket (your Avios is just an alternative 'currency' which you can either earn or buy with cash). I've used other QR's lounges on award J tickets; so far haven't redeemed an award ticket departing from SIN but it shouldn't differ. I've used the SIN lounge on a paid J ticket on QR and I think it's one of the best J lounge, so I hope you'll be able to get in with your shorthaul J ticket - please let us know the outcome.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:04 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by billy.f
Last December I tried to access it during my transit from an inbound longhaul J QR flight to an MH Y flight to KUL (which would be eligible to access any oneworld lounges following OW policy, transiting from longhaul J to shorthaul international flight, even without status), but I was told access would only be given to passengers departing on longhaul flight so I'm not sure whether that's their policy or just an excuse given by the staff (though they could have said they only allow passengers departing on J ticket since they don't follow OW policy anyway).
QR Premium lounges are excluded standard OW access policies.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
NO issues for access however there are some instances where food is rationed.
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by db07mufan
NO issues for access however there are some instances where food is rationed.
No issues under what circumstances?

And the rationing comment is a bit clickbaity, care to expand?
Londonlouis likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by KingCanute
No issues under what circumstances?

And the rationing comment is a bit clickbaity, care to expand?
No issues to access the lounge on a Business Class award ticket on Malaysia Airlines (avios and enrich).

Each person limited to one appetizer and main course. Also they seem to run out of food early in the evening . I suspect they're keeping stock for QR passengers departing later in the evening/morning.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by db07mufan
No issues to access the lounge on a Business Class award ticket on Malaysia Airlines (avios and enrich).

Each person limited to one appetizer and main course. Also they seem to run out of food early in the evening . I suspect they're keeping stock for QR passengers departing later in the evening/morning.
Thanks for the confirmation! Plan to hit the QR lounge for breakfast, so definitely helpful.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by SilverChris
QR Premium lounges are excluded standard OW access policies.
Correct, which is why I thought they could have said they only allow access to those with upcoming J ticket flight rather than telling me they only allow access for those travelling on a longhaul flight. Based on what they told me, those J passengers departing to KUL would not have access to the lounge, which isn't the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.