Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Transfer Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Avios Transfer Question

So I wanted to add my wife as a family member to combine our Avios with Qatar Privilege Club, but Qatar wants me to upload her passport & our marriage certificate. I find this slightly invasive, so I'd want to avoid it, if possible.
For BA I didn't have to provide this information - so the question would be, can I combine all my Avios at BA, then transfer the combined amount to my ONE personal Qatar account?

Last edited by Flixi; Mar 14, 2024 at 10:35 am Reason: clarification & typo
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:52 am

I'm pretty sure you have to pay to combine with BA unless you're gold or something? Either way if you do combine them you can transfer to your account no worries.

​​​​​​BA offers a household account where you can pay with yours and your households avios for redemptions, I use this frequently to use my wife's QR avios after transferring to BA.

QR doesn't let you combine avios, it will just give you a percentage of your family members' new accruals depending on your tier.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Flixi
can I combine all my Avios at BA, then transfer the combined amount to my ONE personal Qatar account?
If by "combine" you mean using BA family account then the answer is NO
If you have other ways to combine someone else's BA Avios to your BA account, then sure
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

I understand, so the family account just means you pool your avios, not that you actually combine them.
okay, I get it.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:50 am
Original Poster

my new plan is the following:
book economy and look for an avios upgrade to business.
the question is, if I book tickets for myself and my wife, can I upgrade my seat with my avios and she hers with her own avios? Or do the avios need to come from the same account that bought the economy cash ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.