Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Any way to check flights loads or get an upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

Any way to check flights loads or get an upgrade?

Sister flying March 16 Male to Doha on QR0675 then QR9001. Travel agent booked economy but wanting an upgrade.

Is it full? How does Qatar work its upgrades? If needed have BA silver status.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:15 am

Unless she is prepared to pay handsomely with cash (or possibly points but potentially unlikely on a codeshare) I would be advising her to expect to travel in the cabin she booked
zimstyles likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Unless she is prepared to pay handsomely with cash (or possibly points but potentially unlikely on a codeshare) I would be advising her to expect to travel in the cabin she booked
I have never ever had a "free upgrade" on QR. On Etihad, it was probably 1 in 3 flights...
One flight I was so exhausted by the time we were boarding, that I asked on board if they had a swipe machine where I could just pay for a seat in J. It was a firm no, and this was as a QR Gold.
QR, however is good for consistent inventory on Avios and Q Credits, if you book at least 6 months in advance.
MattDXB likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:05 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
QR675 16MAR F2 A2 J2 C2 D0 I0 R0 P0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q0 T0 O0 W0 Very unlikely to get an upgrade or buy one with 2 seats in Business Class left.

QR9001: C0
J0 R0 D0 I0 W0 P0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 G0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 Looks like a full full flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.