Search

Seeking an advice for Avios booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Seeking an advice for Avios booking

I have my family booked in J in a booking as: A - B (technical stop ) - C - D

I could book myself in J in similar itinerary, with two separate bookings though : 1) A - B (technical stop ) + 2) B (technical stop ) - C - E . It’s not available as a whole , due to the restriction of two J award seats.

Am I going to run into trouble because I will have two separate tickets at the technical stop (B - to and from ) or there is an intelligent way to link the two bookings over the phone or at check in ?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s777bg
I have my family booked in J in a booking as: A - B (technical stop ) - C - D

I could book myself in J in similar itinerary, with two separate bookings though : 1) A - B (technical stop ) + 2) B (technical stop ) - C - E . It’s not available as a whole , due to the restriction of two J award seats.

Am I going to run into trouble because I will have two separate tickets at the technical stop (B - to and from ) or there is an intelligent way to link the two bookings over the phone or at check in ?
What is the real route? Full detailed information will help in getting a better reply. [MEL ADL involved?]
Note with 2 separate booking visa/passport many be an issue. QR are taking you A B, so will(may?) expect you can fully enter the country at airport B. Will you checked bags?
If your first flight is cancelled/delayed QR have no obligation if you "no show" the 2nd flight
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
It’s the same flight with a technical stop to offload and load pax.

My family is booked on PHN-SGN-DOH-USA in J

PNH-SGN(QR971)is available and SGN-DOH(QR971) is available , but PHN-SGN-DOH ( one flight number QR971 ) is not available as one booking .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.